Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

Worried about 2022- Ontario

Mia, on August 21, 2021 at 16:30 Posted in Ontario 0 11
Hey everyone. We have rescheduled our wedding twice due to Covid and our new date is June 25th 2022. With the current Covid restrictions still in place I am getting anxious about next year. I know we may be in the minority but we’re having a 200 person Church wedding with an indoor reception and dancing. I don’t want masks or restrictions. Should I postpone to 2023? I feel so alone right now as the majority of couples I know had a wedding this past year outside with 50 people or did an indoor wedding already with 8 people. I understand that may have worked for some people, but it’s not what we envisioned. Weddings are expensive, and highly personal and I just strive to make it perfect. Is there anyone else feeling this way?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kara, on September 17, 2021 at 08:44
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi AG! Yeah we’re just waiting it out at present time. We have typically been very proactive about moving dates etc, but they’re not willing to give us money back- and we were almost fully paid in 2020. So. I’m waiting it out to see what their options will be since they cannot continue to fulfill our contract- and haven’t given us a new one. It’s a fight I’m not ready for yet. So we will see what happens. I am currently awaiting testing for my vaccine- so hopefully by December we will know how we need to proceed.
  • A
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Kara,

I am getting married July 2022 and am in the same predicament with not being fully vaccinated 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can’t even attend my own wedding, are you just waiting it out even with these new restrictions in place?
  • M
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Mia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Kara! I’m so sorry to hear about the reaction you had to the vaccine. I really hope you’re doing better now and that there is something in place to help you keep safe with your second dose or help you get an exemption! Thank you for your reply -it was so genuine and I am finding it so hard to find likeminded brides. You’re right. I have to wait until next year to decide. I heard of people recently who went to weddings and they are not wearing masks and they are dancing indoors! So that is great news. I just can’t do the covid wedding thing… I am so sick of covid this covid that…Wishing you all the best and if you would like to keep in touch please feel free to add me on facebook Mia Rose. xx
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I totally feel you!!!
    We are postponed from June 20, 2020…. Our 4th date is now June 18,2022.
    We are 115 guests indoor venue. In the beginning I was happy to postpone for everyone’s safety and of course all the unknown about the pandemic. I didn’t envision a small wedding- if I did I would have had one lol….I totally understand not wanting to compromise your vision. I don’t either. I don’t want my guests all masked up and not dancing…I just don’t. Have the day that YOU want. While I think it’s great that many people were able to reimagine their wedding and find creative ways to still tie the knot, if it’s not what you want then don’t do it. We won’t be revisiting this until next year as it’s too early to tell what the winter will hold. So, we’re just taking it in stride right now. I know it’s a difficult decision. I totally understand. And I feel you. You’re not alone. Hold off for a bit if you can. I believe that we will be farther ahead next year than we are now.
    At present time, I can’t even get into my venue lol… im not fully vaccinated due to a massive reaction to my first dose….. so if you need a laugh, laugh at my misfortune 🙂 lol… can’t even attend my own wedding right now.
    If you ever need to vent I’m here!
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Mia!
    Oh yes. I cannot imagine what others have been through really. Oh yeah, I’m at that 30 year mark and have some health issues that I need to work on so by that time, the kiddies have so come. 😂

Well, my fiancé and I are not on terms yet. He’s very opinionated and want things to go his way too. So I don’t even know if we’ll just do the ceremony. I don’t want to be legally married then do the ceremony later. Like what’s the sense…
    Yeah. Let’s see what happens… 😭
    Happy wedding planning to you as well! 🙏🏾
  • M
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Mia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Hank, they don’t think masks will be an issue due to mandatory vaccines coming soon. I hope they are right!
  • M
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Mia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Tunisha,

I am sorry that you’re possibly having to postpone. I feel bad for everyone in these situations. I understand your position of wanting to get started on having children. For me, I’m in no rush. I just really want the party. Happy to hear you’re doing a church wedding as well. I know that with the Catholic church, they won’t let you do an outside wedding Smiley sad so it will be indoors for me…. I am just hoping the mask mandate will be less strict by the time next year rolls around. Hopefully by October things will be less strict as well.Happy Wedding planning!
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Mia,
    This is my first time thinking that I’ll be postponing my wedding. I’m not a fan of it as I wanted to get it over with as next year is baby making. 😂😂

So my fiancé and I are supposed to get married October 16th with about 68 people in total in our small venue that holds 70 people. We will now be looking into the option of having the ceremony in church and then postpone the reception or celebration next year. It’s somewhat stressful at this point, but what can we do.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If having no masks whatsoever is that important to you, then postpone.

Here's the thing though, you can ask the venues about postponing but they don't have to entertain it. While we can't be absolutely sure 200 people will be allowed, I think it's pretty safe to assume that a wedding reception of some kind can take place in June 2022. Considering you've already re-booked twice into a prime wedding season date, the venue may force you to pay a premium for a third rebooking when there's nothing legally sound preventing them from operating.

• M
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Mia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes. I don’t agree with masks for fully vaccinated people.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just don't see masks going away anytime soon.

Not sure when your original date was but if it was supposed to be last year, is it really worth delaying your marriage for three years just for a "perfect" wedding?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics