Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie February 2023 Ontario

Winter Wedding Ceremony Venues

Ashlie, on January 25, 2022 at 13:34 Posted in Ontario 0 2

Hello all,

Does anyone have any venue suggestions for a smaller (ish) wedding of 80 people, in winter. Ceremony onsite and reception in the same place? In preferably southern Ontario.

We are not planning on getting married in a church and I'd really like a venue that has a separate space dedicated to an indoor ceremony, rather than having the ceremony on the dancefloor then having all the tables moved into place afterwards.

I am not understanding why so many venues don't seem to have a proper indoor option. I'm sure not everyone on this earth wants an outdoor ceremony!

PLEASE HELP!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on January 25, 2022 at 14:27
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got married at the Richmond Hill Country Club. There are a bunch of different indoor spaces that becomes exclusive to your booking, which I liked (no party crashers from another event).

This is their cocktail space, which we used for pre-wedding family events like a tea ceremony. It connects into the main ball room.

Winter Wedding Ceremony Venues 1

This is their ball room that can be separated into two smaller rooms (which would work for you since you only have 80 people). There's a balcony beyond those windows.

Winter Wedding Ceremony Venues 2

This is their indoor ceremony space.

Winter Wedding Ceremony Venues 3

I know you don't want to flip the ball room but with only 80 guests, most banquet halls (especially those in Vaughan, which can typically seat 300+) can be separated with a partition into smaller separate spaces.

Hotels are also another option since many of them will have a main ball room and various breakout and function rooms for other setups.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Covid restrictions are lower in guest count for many venues unless you do choose a hall that is big. Given the times and availability would be hard unless considering a school that will allow their gym to be used or community center for the guests to fit enough tables.

I do hope by next year you should be able to have your celebration in full swing and the restrictions lifted to enjoy your day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics