Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie February 2021 Alberta

Winter wedding ceremony

Sara, on February 25, 2020 at 23:24 Posted in Alberta 0 8
Trying to find a place that will only do a ceremony and no reception seems impossible. We want to get married in the mountains in the winter, I know somewhat crazy. We want an outdoor ceremony, but need a back up option. There are several places that I love the outdoor option, but they don't offer an indoor option. Any advice or support would be appreciated.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Shayla, on March 6, 2020 at 08:49
  • Shayla
    Beginner June 2023 Alberta
    Shayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe try Fairmont in Jasper! Before we decided to do a destination wedding, they were my top choice. They have a policy that if theres bad weather for your outdoor portion, they will move you to one of the indoor venues. They charge separately for ceremony and reception so I imagine you can book just on its own.
  • Kirsten
    Frequent user April 2020 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am getting married at pyramid lake, on the island and because it is in the park during the off season it is free to use. We do have a backup indoor at pyramid lake resort, is 600. However i am having a reception there as well but you could contact them and ask?
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That’s great to hear! As for your guests, they love and support both of you I am pretty sure they will show up in any type of weather!

You’re welcome and have fun with the rest of your planning!

• S
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was able to find a few places that got back to me. And you are right it will be a shorter ceremony, so the people that don't want to stand outside probably just won't come. Thank you for all of your advice!
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That’s odd that they are telling you that you have to book both ceremony and reception. Most venues charge you a separate price for the ceremony space to begin with, without giving much of a discount if you book the reception there. Another suggestion is to look at areas in the mountains that are used for elopements. This may not give you an indoor option, but if you intend to have a short ceremony anyway, you could let your guests know to dress for the unpredictable mountain weather. They might be ok for that 15-20 minutes. Hopefully you get some positive responses back, good luck!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can imagine how hard of a time your having to find an indoor ceremony. The mountains may not have what your back up aspect. Try something near the mountains that has what your wanting with the indoor hall as a back up plan. Calling to inquire does help to know beforehand about the information than to make a trip to be disappointed. I do hope you find what your searching in the area.
  • S
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you I have looked at all of that. The problem I am having is a lot of places won't do just a ceremony. A lot of the park options don't have an indoor option. There were a few places that I just emailed so hopefully I can get some positive responses back. 😊
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Sara,

When trying to find a location in the mountains for our wedding I looked at the website crmr.com (Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts). I also looked at The Fenlands, it’s in Banff and they have an outdoor option as well as indoors. Also the Alberta Parks website can help by giving you some locations as well! You will most likely have to get a permit from them anyways to have the ceremony outside, so that would be a good place to start your search! Hopefully this was helpful! 🙂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics