Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaitlyn
Beginner August 2020 New Brunswick

Winter Engagement Party Ideas?

Kaitlyn, on June 29, 2019 at 15:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
Hey all,

I’ve been wanting an engagement party so I was thinking of having one on the one year anniversary of our engagement - December 13.
Any ideas for a winter engagement party?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on July 2, 2019 at 16:03
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the fondue party idea and you could add like making a cider or mulled wine. I think I would stay clear of Christmasy things as you want the focus to be your engagement not the season.

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds like the perfect date for it! Maybe you could do a 'snowy soirée' or 'candy cane lane' or 'mistletoe magic' or 'love and mistletoe' (clearly I like mistletoe, sorry! lol) or maybe a twist on a Christmas carol. Like 'jingle bells for wedding bells' or 'deck the wedding halls' or something. That's all if you want a Christmas kind of theme for it. Otherwise anything winter-related like snow or skating or icicles or fireplaces or anything like that. Soft golds are nice for accent pieces here and there, or silvers and whites to keep it light, or royal blue and silver for some depth, or baby blue and silver to be soft and snowy, or just shades of blue for all the winter wonderful-ness!

Can't wait to find out what you choose to do!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to just try and stay away from "Christmas food" as most people will be either sick of it or about to be!

Perhaps go to where the proposal happened if it was out and about?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ideas can flow from 3 major colours that can work to corporate shiny colours:

Red/White/Green are what i consider winter colours

Gold and/or silver can corporate to bring that glamour aspect into your decor.

Theme can come from ideas of candy canes, wreaths, garlands and more. Its just to choose how you want to make the room to your choice of decor including pine cones (nice touch to the theme).

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the idea of a fondue party! You could do a potluck as well. And board games/trivia is a great idea too.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love food, so I apologize in advance for all the food-related ideas haha:

- Wine & Cheese party : Assigning each couple/guest a pairing (1 wine + 1 cheese). You and yours could do the pairing of champagne and a cheese (or a dessert!). This way, you guys don't break the bank hosting.

- Fondue/Raclette dinner : I'm a HUGE fan of fondue and raclette, as they are such great social meals. You could ask your guests to bring a side dish (assign them a category, so that you don't get doubles!)

- Hot chocolate bar + skating

- BRUNCH : Caesar/Mimosa bar, smoked salmon, bagels, quiches/frittata, donuts, spiked coffee.

For most of these, you could add board games, trivia, murder mystery, scavenger hunt!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are there any skating rinks in your area that could be fun? Hot chocolates and skating with your sweetie!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics