Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sheilah
Frequent user August 2019 Ontario

Winter brides!

Sheilah, on July 14, 2018 at 02:22 Posted in Ontario 0 5
Why did you choose winter? Are you finding you're facing any challenges in planning or major pushback from guests to move it to a more "weather friendly" season? How is planning going? Where are you from?

Those who are already married and did so in winter - what was your experience like? How did it all turn out?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on February 14, 2020 at 11:37
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Groom here. We got engaged in December so winter gives us a year to plan. We didn't want to stretch it another 4-8 months. Plus, bride has seasonal allergies and I'm a hot mess in the summer lol.

Bride is Brazilian so we had some push back at first from family lol. But the cost savings quelled that.

• Alessandra
    Newbie January 2022 Ontario
    Alessandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose the winter because it went with our theme, it was also cost effective. We love the winter time, and the falling snow. None of our close family said anything. They liked how it was different than what most brides do. We are having an indoor ceremony and reception. For our vendors, we made sure they were in close proximity. Our photos are going to be outside and inside as well.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That was supposed to say buck and doe! eek
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We choose a Winter Wedding because we didn't want to wait till Spring, we want to go somewhere warm for our honeymoon the day after we get married and the venue we want had a wonderful Winter special on. I'm finding myself thinking a buck and die and the rehearsal dinner will be more difficult because of the Weather. I am also concerned about photos. Our date is March 23, 2019 in Barrie at The Barrie County Club.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked a winter wedding for 2 reasons. First we didn’t want to wait until next summer, we want to be married now lol. And we picked the Saturday between Christmas and New Years because people in our families that live out of town (my step son, nephews etc) will be here anyways for christmas.

We don’t really care what anyone thinks about the date we picked. It’s our wedding and if they don’t like it, that’s their problem lol.

One thing we did do is plan for both the ceremony and reception to be at one location, a hotel. That way people don’t have to travel between locations, I can get dressed there and not have to go outside at all, and people can spend the night there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics