Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Newbie June 2022 British Columbia

Wine for wedding

Samantha, on March 13, 2022 at 19:50 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11
Hello! We get to choose and buy our own alcohol for our wedding and I am wondering if anyone has a white or red they love and is inexpensive (as we will be buying many bottle). The wedding is on Vancouver Island so they could be more BC local or from wherever. Let me know what you did for wedding wine selections! Looking for some affordable crowd pleasers.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Patty, on August 14, 2023 at 03:56
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't able to bring in any alcohol to our reception, but what we're doing for favours (and what I do often at home) is make our own wine (aka have someone do it for me at a winemaker company) and it works out to be super cheap, around $3/bottle.

The only drawback is that you can't taste it beforehand, so kind of have to go on a whim.

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most Jackson-Triggs wines available in liquor stores are quite inexpensive ($8/bottle here in Alberta). For a red, I would suggest Merlot, Shiraz or Malbec; for a white, Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What I would do in your case is buy a super inexpensive wine like Naked Grape and then have customized labels made for your wedding! Our venue is a winery so unfortunately, they require us to use their own wine and we cannot put cute labels on it.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always enjoy pinot grigio when it comes to white wine any brand really. I'm not too sure about red wines....
  • Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out Summerhill Pyramid Winery Wines!!! You will not be disappointed

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know Costco has a decent house wine that is pretty cost-effective (if Costco is an option for you) a friend of mine did that and the wine wasn't too bad either haha

• Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is great to know! Thanks!
  • Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks that is a good idea!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm in Ontario so this likely isn't great for you but... Our venue only uses Pelee Island wines and so we picked a red and white (both under $15 at the LCBO from what I remember but we paid by case directly). What we loved about Pelee (aside from the wine as it is really good), is that when you order a certain amount they put custom labels on the bottles!! We sent in a design that matched our invites.
    Wine for wedding 1

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For local wines, I would suggest visiting a few wineries instead of BC Liquor Stores. Find a few within your area and do a few tastings to see what you're into. People's preferences will vary as wine connoisseurs may prefer more full-bodied dry wines whereas the casual drinker might prefer something lighter.

Not sure about BC prices but in Ontario, you can get decent bottles for around $20. Ask them if they can offer discounts based on bulk purchases.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics