Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Super May 2022 Ontario

Wine bottles

Erin, on February 10, 2020 at 21:55 Posted in DIY 0 7
Hey Ladies, I'm going to be using wine bottles as my centerpieces but i want to spray paint them a metallic rose gold colour. Any tips you can share about process, brand of paint would be very appreciated. Thank you

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on March 6, 2020 at 15:43
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My gf just did this she just got pain from michaels that was for glass and she put it on a newspaper and then painted them

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Heidi, will for sure check out Pinterest, i might get lost in there lol

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohh good idea, thanks Tori

ps. hope you are enjoying married life!!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Amelia,

Thank you for your ideas, i will look for something that will allow me to paint the bottles without holding them. I have never spray painted anything so any tips will help!

I am not using anything else wine themed, but thanks for the suggestions.

Erin

• Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    PINTEREST literally type that, and there are 3 mason jars that will come up, 2 have glitter but they show you everything
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only spray painted plastic pumpkins for ours, but I will say it's always a good idea to keep a can or two handy in case they chip in the travel from your house to the venue! We only had chipping after the wedding but it still happened!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've seen a trick where you put the bottles upside down on dowels, almost like a baby bottle drying rack, so that you can paint all around them without needing to touch them. Definitely search wine bottle painting tips on Pinterest for more.

As far as paint I am a huge Rust-Oleum fan for spray paint. You can get metallic ones at Michael's (yay coupons!) or Home Depot. I would buy one or two more cans than you think you need as it's easier to return the unused ones than to need to run back to the store in the middle of a project.
    Are you using anything else wine themed? Someone on here was using wine corks and a shadow box as a guest book, and I've seen some cute place card or menu holders made from corks with a slit cut I to them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics