Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexis
Devoted July 2021 Ontario

Windsor wedding decorator

Alexis, on January 10, 2021 at 13:58 Posted in Ontario 0 2
Hi everyone, has anyone hired a wedding decorator?

A wedding planner is slightly out of budget but we are wondering if we can afford a decorator. We live in Windsor I’m looking at ads and there doesn’t seem to be any decorators, just planners. I might be getting job titles confused.
What we are looking for is someone to help set up the venues for the ceremony/reception. Both venues partially will set up for us but I think we need an extra pair of hands there to make sure everything is done right and put in the right places.
The ceremony we need someone to set up the aisle decor and the flowers on the arch.
At the dinner we need the centrepieces put out and the rental chairs brought in. And in the dance room (hopefully) we need the cake/dessert table set up
Is that a planner or decorator? LolAnd also, if you had this done at your wedding here how much did they charge?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Alexis, on January 11, 2021 at 09:11
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Ok a coordinator definitely isn’t what we need then since we aren’t bringing in like 20 venders.. There’s only 3 venders to worry about aside from the venues so it’ll be all good - the cake, flowers and photographer. It’s going to be a super basic wedding for planning. I couldn’t find decorators on here for Windsor it just kept showing me London decorators for some reason when I’d put in Windsor
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The most common decorator packages I've seen at GTA-based wedding shows are around $2K for a ceremony + head table package. This generally includes an arch of some kind for the ceremony, an aisle runner, decor for the alter and aisles (things like flower arrangements or candles on pedestals etc), 25ft drapery style backdrop behind the head table, decor items (linens, flowers, candles and holders, uplighting) on the head table, cake table, and guest sign-in/receiving line tables. Prices include labour for setup and tear down.

Planners and Day-of-Coordinators are not the same as decorators. They might help with some of the physical setup but for the most part they're there to coordinate all the different pieces that go into your day. You can't tie up a planner or coordinator in putting 50 centerpieces together when they need to make sure your vendors are arriving on schedule, your bridal party is ready and in place for their ceremony entrance, etc etc.

Have you checked Weddingwire on decorators? Here's a list of Windsor-based decorators.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics