Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Will you make a honeymoon registry?

Emilie, on November 27, 2016 at 17:05 Posted in Honeymoon 0 14

Hi wonderful brides Smiley heart

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!! Smiley smile

One way to ask your guests to contribute to your honeymoon is to make a honeymoon registry instead of a wedding registry. How do you like the idea?

Image: Pinterest

14 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 27, 2017 at 09:49
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this could be a good idea if you are both established in your life and house enough before the wedding.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wont be doing this, I think just any money we get as wedding gift will just help towards our honeymoon otherwise we are just paying for it ourselves

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What style of books do you like? Read anything good lately?

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha yes camera and passport are high up on my list! We actually got a great deal on an action camera this past weekend (like a GoPro) so we're looking forward to testing it out on the honeymoon! (Woo hoo zip lining!) I am a big picture taker so there will be lots!

And yes I will def need some books because we have some long flights!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley smile I try! Maybe throw in a book for beach reading?

Let me know if I missed things.....also a camera. You know Valerie and I will bug you for some pictures Smiley winking

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha thank you!!! That helps a lot!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I loove the Austrailia idea, I just started going through the big catalouge they sent- not cheap, but AMAZING....maybe we save for 2 years and do the crazy 21 day adventure?! All of our "vacations" have been staycations or short road trips..might as well make the first trip completely wild.

Thinking counts, but you ARE running out of time!!

You need: underwear- all of it. can't be too safe

Pjs- the sexy kind. this is your honeymoon!

dress- nice dinner out

lounge gear for beach,think big hat, sarong, shawl to keep sun off your shoulders.

Sunglasses

flip flops

practical shoes

nice shoe (to match nce dinner dress)

perhaps a back pack for your excursions?

shorts and t-shirts appropriate for excutsions.

Sunscreen

Thats it???? LOL there! Now go pack!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg that sounds amazing! I vote for Australia! Smiley winking It's on my bucket list!
    I am thinking about what I'm going to pack. Does that count? Haha I'm still stuck and feel like I'm going to get there and have packed all the wrong stuff!

We did book all of our excursions last week so we made progress. I also finally found a second bathing suit and we picked up an action camera to use on the honeymoon!

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We won't be making any registry at all!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is very sweet to show people pictures of you enjoying yourselves! Good call....I'll tell my sister she should do that!

Are you packed and dying to do yet?

We are debating where we might go...we might do a roadtrip from Toronto to BC and play in between in places we have never seen (I have been to pretty much every major city in Canada, but we want to find the "odd" things).

OR today my giant catalouge arrived from Australia..we might decide to do a half beach holiday half adventure in the outback and do a hiking/ jeep tour. This would be my preferance, as I have been around Canada a lot already with work, but depends how much we save!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's exactly how we look at it! We're paying for all the accommodations so everything else is a bonus. We're planning on taking lots of pics on our honeymoon and printing them out to include in our thank you notes for those that contributed!

I like your idea of an epic trip for your first anniversary! It will definitely give you something to look forward to after all the wedding craziness has died down. Do you know where you want to go?

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think we will- we didn't budget for a honeymoon, and are instead tucking away a little money each pay to have an epic one for our first anniversay.

I know that some people look at the honeymoon funds as a"bad idea" equivalent to asking for money, but I don't see it that way. Like Samtan said, from what I hear friends and family like to help the couple create memories together, and enjoy things they want to do....or "treat" the newlyweds to something nice after their wedding. So many couples live together and need very few things to set up their home...I think honeymoon gifts are great! As long as the couple remembers to thank everyone for any gift, all is good!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made a honeymoon registry through Honeymoon Wishes and it was great! We're going to a Sandals resort in St. Lucia. We were able to register for some fun experiences such as zip lining and a sugar to rum tour. Our guests that contributed said that they were really happy to be able to help us create some of our first memories together as husband and wife! We are very appreciative of their help!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wont be doing this. I like the idea, but we have someone blessing us with the money for the honeymoon.... 2 family members actually and so between them we will be able to have a nice honeymoon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics