Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liga
Devoted June 2021 Quebec

Will you have a wedding menu at the wedding supper????

Liga, on November 6, 2019 at 02:14 Posted in Wedding reception 0 22

Will you have a wedding menu at the wedding supper????

We will have, which I will order in the end of this year from vistaprint.

And it will become part of table decor.

Tomorrow is our second menu tasting, so I will be fix for food. Since I know all the guest are eating all what we will have. We will have fix menu. No choice. Only. if some one decides at the supper, than chef have some back up plan. And of course for children we have children food ( french frise and chicken nuggets ).

We have cocktail hour with a lot of different canapes. And in supper menu we will have Starter, Appetizer,Main Meal, Sorbet and Dessert and of course good, warm bread with butter!

Menu...Will you have a wedding menu at the wedding supper???? 1

22 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on November 28, 2019 at 12:03
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Liga, I think if your going to do something do it all the way. Every little detail has its own place.

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's my thoughts Shannon...I will have as well, and it is part of table decoration!

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes I feel its adds a special touch. It's a finishing touch on the place setting.

• Nadege
    Beginner June 2021 Ontario
    Nadege ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m on the fence about this. Our wedding package allows for a family style dinner, where we choose two main proteins and guests will be able to serve themselves from the dishes (these will be set on the tables as opposed to buffet style). Or we can serve one protein first, and give guests the option of having the second of preferred. We still have to finalize with our vendor as to what the best options would be, and then decide from there!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No were doing doing a wedding menu. i feel like theyre wasted and no one reads them as theyre all chatting and drinking while at the table

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours are included with our vendor because our guests choose the night of. I wouldn’t do it otherwise because it can add up
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted to do one but ultimately did not for a variety of reasons. As a guest I think they’re great tho!
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having a barn wedding so I'll probably just pick up a free pallet and paint it or use one of the easels we'll be allowed to use for free and write it out nicely on a chalkboard (and by that I mean stencil it and use some sort of chalk paint or something because I don't trust myself...). Wings, poutine bar, garden (and maybe caesar) salad, with s'mores and cupcakes as late-night snacks (probably brought out around 9-ish).
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It definitely can add to your table decor, no doubt!
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Allison..Oh..I agree..they are not super important! But for me, it will be beautiful piece of decor for my tables.

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Vinod...You added late night menu info on your dinner menu?

I did not think about it, but we will have late night food!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Samantha...Oh...you gave me good idea...about canapes. To have one menu which explain what kind of canapes there will be! I will do the same.

You have beautiful menu card! I think it is very nice piece of decor for dining table! It gives nice finishing!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amelia...Of course, it is not a big deal to have or not to have menu cards, in my case it is part of table decor!Smiley smile

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Rayanne Oh, that's nice, then you don't need to print your own!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would like to have a menu card! We shall see when it gets closer.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually didn't have menu cards/signs at our wedding - it was one of those things I completely forgot about lol

IMO, I find they are like programs - they just get left behind and only a handful of people will look at them. If anyone was curious, the waitstaff was able to answer questions about the menu.

But guests didn't really notice/care and to my knowledge, everyone loved the food! We also asked people about any dietary restrictions in our RSVP so they knew they were covered.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just put the menu on the wedding website so if people were actually curious then they would be able to see what we were having and could ask about dietary restrictions/concerns.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did and it was great to know what courses vegetarians got served and late night buffet indicated rather than making an announcement.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since I'm designing and printing everything myself, I thought I may as well add in a menu card too. Ours will also be a fixed menu, but includes a vegetarian dish if requested on the RSVP card. I'm actually in the midst of printing them now lol. I'm also going to make up a board by the bar so everyone knows what canapés will be circulating the room during cocktail hour.

Menu CardWill you have a wedding menu at the wedding supper???? 2

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't bother with menu cards for each place setting, but maybe a larger board or a few framed on each table.

Odds are people either forgot what they picked on the RSVP or they've been looking forward to the meal since they picked it!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue does provide menu cards for each table. I will put them on each one so everyone knows how much food is coming so they don't fill up on the first courses and miss out.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No because our guests are choosing their meals so a menu isn’t necessary.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics