Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Will there be assigned seating at your wedding?

Cliodhna, on October 24, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13

Many couples want to curate an amazing guest experience and this often involves devising the perfect seating chart. It’s common that guests are assigned a specific table at a reception. Assigned seating goes one step further and allocates the exact seat at the table where a guest will sit.

Will you decide where each of your guests will sit? Or are you leaving open seating for everyone?

Will there be assigned seating at your wedding? 1

Photo from Paper Panache Invitations & Design Ltd in Calgary, Alberta

13 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on December 2, 2019 at 21:55
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did assigned tables but not seats. It didn't matter that much to me lol.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We’re going to assign tables but we’re unsure about assigning seats right now. We want to give out drink tickets (we want to print off little ones to go with our theme), so would it be better to assign seats and put drink tickets at each persons seat?

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We ended up assigning seats but people could move within the table if they wanted to
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having assigned tables as well as assigned seating. I gave gone to weddings where couple are separated because of not having assigned seating
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Assigning tables not going to assign seating as well. We aren't having plated dinners where it matters who ordered what..
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't confirmed anything with the venue yet but at this point I'm thinking we'll have assigned seats. It would be easier for the servers since guests are choosing their meals ahead of time.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did assigned tables but not seats! I didn’t want to deal with the drama if I didn’t sit someone where they wanted and people would change it anyways.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just doing assigned tables for now I think. Might be a few assigned seats for VIPs.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were doing a seating chart for table and then then they can sit wherever at the actual table!

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not having a seating plan. The guest list is mostly my family, so we just decided that they can sit where they like. We're just going to have one table reserved for my parents and grandparents that is close to the front.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well there was supposed to be.... but then we had so many last minute cancels that we decided to only assign seating for our immediate family! People got to sit with who they want and because of the sudden amount of cancels as well as no-shows there was enough room for people to sit with everybody they wanted Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ll have assigned tables but not assigned seating - I don’t have the patience for that lol
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're assigning guests to tables, but they can pick their own seats at the table. Our RSVPs are starting to roll in so we're placing people at tables as we go.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics