Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Expert March 2018 Ontario

Will my photos be rushed?

Ashley, on September 19, 2017 at 14:34 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6

Hello fellow brides!

I am putting together a (very) rough outline for the day of the wedding and I am worried that I will feel rushed getting our photos taken. We are getting married in Ajax on a Friday in March and our photos are in Whitby right after the reception. I am worried that we will only have an hour to do photos and rush back. Our cocktail hour and bar will be open while we are getting photos done so I am not worried about the guests feeling bored but I am worried that I will feel rushed.

Rough outline:

Ceremony 4pm-4:20pm

Family Photos 4:30pm-5pm

Travel to Trafalgar Castle : 5pm -5:20pm

Photos 5:30-6:30

Travel to Ajax Convention Centre 6:30pm - 6:50pm

Dinner at 7??

Thank you in advance! Smiley smile

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 20, 2017 at 08:19
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Sonja! I think I just need to talk with my venue and my photographer to get an idea of timing from them.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On a Friday there will be lots of traffic. You have not accounted for additional time during rush hour. It will be heavy from Ajax to Whitby at that hour. Perhaps you should give yourself double the amount of time in case you get stuck in traffic.

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the insight! Sometimes I have my planning blinders on! haha

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I always defer to the professionals...this is my first time planning and they do it for a living. I have to go with experience!

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Andrea! Our venue and photographer suggested this location for pictures, so I might have to trust other people's planning!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My first thought is: the catch is always traffic. You're planning to travel during rush hour on a Friday, so you may want to build in a little extra cushion of time. I hate to feel rushed, so I like to have extra travel time in my schedule.

My other advice would be to ask your photographer about your timeline. Mine was awesome about letting me know if my expectations were in line with what she could realistically deliver.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics