Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Frequent user September 2021 Ontario

Why we postponed...

Veronica, on April 20, 2020 at 18:03 Posted in WeddingWire 0 7

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share why my fiancé and I decided to postpone our June 27, 2020 wedding to September 25, 2021.

I won't lie, there were tears, mental breakdowns, and more tears. I couldn't believe this was happening, but I knew it was the right thing to do.

1. We knew this wouldn't get better by June. And even if it did, would people really be comfortable to attend a large gathering? We have lots of guests that are older, and we didn't want to start risking our guests health over something that could be done at a later and safer date. We felt that people would be uncomfortable and we didn't want a wedding where everyone was 6 feet apart.

2. We didn't want the idea of this virus hanging over our wedding day. We wanted this to be the happiest day of our lives, and even if restrictions were lifted by the summer, we didn't think it would be lifted enough to accommodate a 200 person wedding. (I may be wrong! They may be lifted, and for all of you with weddings in the summer I am SO crossing my fingers for you and I hope it works out! This was just our thought process and from what I see working as a nurse on the front lines.)

3. We didn't want people to have to chose between coming to our wedding and their health and safety. When we told our guests we postponed until next year, everyone was very relived.

4. We wanted everyone to get back on their feet again. We wanted everyone to feel comfortable giving one another a hug, or dancing closely together. We wanted everyone to get their jobs back and be stable financially. We wanted everyone to be comfortable in all aspects of their lives, and give our guests a chance to get back to normal.

5. We wanted that joy and excitement back! We were so depressed. Everyday was consumed with me checking the COVID-19 numbers and the news. Reading one positive article got my mood back up, reading a negative article had be doubting myself again. It was taking a serious toll on my mental health. Now that we have postponed ALL the joy returned and we cannot wait for our wedding day.

Before I made an account to create this post, I was on the WeddingWire website everyday, and it was thanks to all of you guys and your positivity, uplifting comments, supportive attitudes that helped us come to our decision. So I wanted to come out here, and thank everyone, and I hope this helps other couples also make the decision that it best for them Smiley smile

I wish everyone nothing but the best! xo

7 Comments

Latest activity by Stefanie, on April 21, 2020 at 13:34
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sorry that you had to postpone your wedding. We havent made the final call yet but are certain we are going to postpone as well.

The reasons that you postponed are the exact same thing that we thought to. We want everyone to enjoy the day with us instead of them be anxious the entire time. We would also hate if someone got sick because they attended our wedding.
    It was definitely a hard thing to do but according to the people we told, they were relieved and appreciative that we weren't selfish about our wedding and still have it as planned. There were many tears but it's not worth jeopardizing everyone's health and I know we will be more excited next year because we wont have the stress over our heads about the virus.
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You did the right thing! It's good you chose September 2021 because by then a vacinne should be available. You'll have your special day!! Good for you
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love this!! Way to see the light in a super sad and disappointing situation. All of your reasons for postponing are super valid/responsible and I relate to them 100%. For me, it was definitely disappointing to see the countdown clock spike back up to 500+ days. But look at it this way. Us wedding planning enthusiasts will likely be nostalgic for this time in our lives at some point in the future; now we get to savour/enjoy the process a little longer Smiley winking
    Best of luck and can’t wait to hear how the revised plans unfold.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are glad to hear the good news of the postponed date with all the stress taken off your shoulders. All the facts given are true and have to think of others first right now as your doing a great job of taking care of those around you with their health and yours.
    The news everyday gets me to think nothing good is coming from the uprising numbers and wonder why my husband is always wanting to feel down putting the CP24 news on often. It doesn't help any as to just hearing the news at 11pm one time.
    Your guests feeling relieved about not travelling during this time and getting caught is the best way to avoid any trouble coming anyone's way of the wedding.To the couples that were thinking of getting married unofficially, its okay to feel the pressure of going casual and formal for the postponed date. Formal wear can be saved for the actual day celebration. Thought of condiseration.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm so glad you feel welcome and happy here! It's been lovely to see everyone trying to stay positive and lifting each other up.

It sounds like you've made the best decision for you and that is great! Congratulations on your new date 🎉🥳
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aw I’m so sorry you ultimately had to postpone! I totally agree with all of your reasoning though and wish you all the best for your new wedding date!!
  • V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry I don’t know why the dates come out so weird. We postponed June 27, 2020 to September 25, 2021.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics