To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Why did he choose this engagement ring?

Emilie, on February 22, 2017 at 18:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

Hey wonderful brides-to-be!

Is there a story behind your engagement ring? Smiley ring

Do you know why he chose this particular ring? Smiley love

The claddagh ring for instance has a rich history in irish culture, it means love, friendship and loyalty.

Claddagh ring

Image: Pinterest

6 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on February 23, 2017 at 13:10
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ¡
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went looking at rings together and went to a few different stores... We both picked out ones that we liked and then he ended up going on his own to pick one out of those. So it was something we had chosen together but he still got to surprise me with one of the many options we had picked out!

• Carolyne
    Super June 2018 Quebec
    Carolyne ¡
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Anww thank you so much!!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ¡
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so sweet! I love it with the band!

• Carolyne
    Super June 2018 Quebec
    Carolyne ¡
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He choose my ring because I wanted simple, I am a really simple person but he wanted it shiny and that I would feel love. When he saw it after a lot of shop he told himself "that's the one!" And he bought it. Now that I have it I just cannot stop looking at it, I LOVE it so badly!! And because the engagement ring was alone it was kind of difficult to found a wedding ring that matches with it but we did it and I love them both! 😍

Why did he choose this engagement ring? - 1

Why did he choose this engagement ring? - 2

Why did he choose this engagement ring? - 3
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ¡
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He chose my ring based on the style and wanted to make it unique. He love the design and when he saw it, he thought of me.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ¡
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was very excited to find out how he chose my ring but when I asked, he said that he just asked them for something purple. (He knew it was my favourite and I would never want a non-purple ring.) He had only decided to propose a couple days before but my mom had a friend who is a jeweler so he was able to get my husband a simple purple ring to propose with. (I remember when he went up on stage to propose, my brain was trying to figure out what was going on because as far as I knew, he didn't have a ring! I was thinking "is he going to do something symbolic like tie a ribbon on my finger?...") After he proposed, he told me that we could design my ring together and use the stone from the engagement in a new ring. It actually meant even more to me that we would get to design it together and make it a part of both of us rather than a surprise. This was the ring he proposed with.

Engagement Ring

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics