Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rashna
Frequent user October 2016 British Columbia

Who walks down the aisle first?

Rashna, on August 12, 2016 at 14:13 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9

Hi lovely community! I was wondering who walks down the aisle first in a normal wedding? Is there anyone walking down the aisle before the flower girl and the ring bearer? Thanks!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on September 26, 2016 at 13:19
  • Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In our wedding the groom will walk down the aisle with his parents, then grandparents, then maid of honour and bestman, then bridesmaids and groomsmen, flowergirls and ring boys. Lastly me (bride) with my parents

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Richelle Smiley heart

I think it is a great idea to have your mother walk down the aisle with you. After all, your wedding day is about feeling loved and surrounded by the most important people for you.

You'll see that Olivia, for instance, chose to be accompanied by her brother Smiley catface

My brother will bring me to the aisle!

So I think you can choose whomever you want to walk you through this wonderful moment. Smiley heart

Have a look at this great discussion that Kira made. It's a great one to get you thinking about this moving moment!

What reaction do you expect from your groom when he sees you?

Do you know who will be you ring bearer?

• Richelle
    Curious July 2017 Ontario
    Richelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What happens if there is no father of the bride? and only mother of the bride? would it be a good idea for the mother of the bride to walk down the aisle with her?

• Kira
    Devoted November 2016 Ontario
    Kira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Makes sense! You're welcome Smiley winking

• Rashna
    Rashna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kira! Yes, we already chose on a venue! Only 1 month left before the big day! Our ceremony won't be in a house of worship so there is no official way of doing it. That's why I was asking. Smiley winking Thanks!

• Kira
    Devoted November 2016 Ontario
    Kira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I guess that would depend on the church you are getting married, I think they all have their own procedures and people have different traditions they can adapt to. So I think you should see with your ceremony. Do you know where it will be yet?

• Maddy
    Frequent user June 2017 Ontario
    Maddy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow that's a lot of people! i thought the groom and officiant would already be at the altar? do they come in through a different entrance than the bride?

• Rashna
    Rashna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Emilie! Really helpful! We're having a civil ceremony but with different symbolic elements and traditions from our families and religions so yes, I think we'll keep something like this but will add our own touch. Smiley winking

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rashna! Smiley heart

The processional order can change depending on the type of wedding you're having (religious, civil or symbolic), but it usually looks like this:

- Officiant

- Grandparents

- Groom's parents

- Mother of the bride

- Groom

- Groomsmen and Bridesmaids

- Maid of honour and best man

- Ring bearer

- Flower girl

- Bride and her father

This can change from one wedding to another so feel free to spice it up! Smiley winking

I think you'll like these posts to keep planning your ceremony!

Civil or religious ceremony?

Wedding Ceremony Decorations for Fall

Sparkles, rice or bubbles?

Are you having a religious, civil or symbolic wedding?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics