Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tiffany
Devoted October 2017 Ontario

Who to invite to bridal shower?

Tiffany, on April 11, 2017 at 15:43 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

Who do you suggest inviting to the bridal shower?

friends, immediate family for sure - but do I invite the extended family as well, like great aunts & second cousins. Is it acceptable to invite work friends? I work in a small office - so there would be 5 ladies.

My problem is everyone is all over the place - so no matter what, there will be people travelling. but then they will also be travelling for the wedding 7 weeks later.

All above ladies are invited to the wedding! *

8 Comments

Latest activity by Rachel, on April 18, 2017 at 08:48
  • Rachel
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing the same thing as Chelsea. Just the ladies invited to the wedding. I don't want to offend anyone by not inviting them to our wedding which is already on the small side. I also have lots of people travelling from all over with the wedding a month after the shower. I understand that people may not be able to make it and the guests who are coming from firther, i've already had a chat with and said there is no pressure and don't stress if you cant get to it. Its more important that they are there for the big day in my eyes

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tiffany!

So happy to meet you here!! Smiley heart Planning a bridal shower sounds like so much fun!. Maybe this articles can help you out? Smiley flower

Bridal Shower Invite Wording Tips and Ideas

How to Plan a Bridal Shower

Did you already find your wedding dress? I made this game today. I think you will like it!! Smiley smile

6 questions in 6 minutes to meet your boyfriend

• Emma
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would just keep it small and just invite your ladies in the family who are going to the wedding. Hope what you decide works out Hun. Smiley smile
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It totally depends on what you would like. For example- I am only inviting 20 close family and friends to my bridal shower as I want it more intimate. Like you said I don't want to feel like I am inviting people just for the gifts.
    Usually it is the ladies that are invited to the wedding.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Then yes I would invite them.

• Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I guess I just feel if I invite everyone to the shower - it may as well be a wedding -and I definitely don't want to appear gift grabby - as we really don't need anything.

• Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am only inviting the ladies invited to my wedding to the bridal shower. Because you get showered with gifts, I wouldn't want to invite those who aren't invited to the wedding, to the shower because they could get very offended that they are not important enough to be included on your special day, and it looks like you want a gift from them at the shower.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics