Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Who is your MOH/BM?

Joey, on August 22, 2017 at 14:18 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

Planning a wedding is stressful, and so is standing up at your ceremony, so you need your closest friend by your side. It's tough to choose who will be in your wedding party, and can be even tougher to single out who will be your number one, right hand helper and friend on the big day. Who did you ask to be your Maid/Matron of Honor, or your Best Man? Or are you having a Best Woman or Man of Honor? Was the decision easy to make? Were they excited to accept the position?

Who will be by your side on the big day, besides your fiance?Who will be by your side on the big day, besides your fiance?

Photo by Blush Photography

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 11:02
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband's side MOD was his boss and his best friend (whom i call his 2nd husband for fun) was his BM.

My side was one of his co worker as my MOD and my friend (consider as my 2nd second family) as my BM.

Who is your MOH/BM? 1

Who is your MOH/BM? 2
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend is my MOH. She's the only person that has no time cap on the amount of time I can spend with her, other than my FH. She's also an experienced bridesmaid and calm and collected where I am a little flighty and chatty. Also, my FH and I had a rocky start to our relationship and our success owes a lot to my friendship with Alicia, so she will so be enjoying a chocolate fountain in her honour on our special day. I honestly can't wait for all the wedding fun with her!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH was my sister Vanessa. We are 4 years apart in age, but we are extremely close. We talk basically everyday, even though we live 5 hours away from each other.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My maid of honour is my cousin, we are 2 years apart and we grew up together and have always been close, she is the closest thing I have to a sister.

My fiances best man is his brother, and so he was the natural choice. His brother and I are actually super close as well so I'm glad he chose him Smiley smile

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH is my cousin, she is 3 years older than me and we have grown up very close to each other. She is more like a sister to me. BM is my FH's older brother. The 2 of them are very close and it was definitely the natural choice for him.

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my little sister and BM is fiancees son
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my little sister. She's only younger than me by two years, so we are very close. We are complete polar opposites, and we used to fight all the time, but she is the one who knows me best. There are no secrets between us, and sometimes we know the other better than we know ourselves. We have this saying that we always tell each other... "You keep me safe" "You keep me wild" ... I couldn't imagine not having her there beside me on my big day!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My two besties are my Maid of Honour and my Man of Honour. We have been friends for over 13 years so it was a pretty obvoous choice haha
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH has been one of my best friends since we were in elementary school. It was super easy to choose.

And shes been the most amazing and helpful person throughout all the planning. Couldn't have done it without her.

I don't have any bridesmaids standing with me. My FH doesn't have a lot of close guy friends that he'd want to stand up with him, so i compromised on that.

He will however have his best friend/business partner as his best man.

I gave my MOH a gift box full of good stuff and he gave his best man an xbox controller to ask haha.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As both my bridesmaids live quite far away I decided to not have a MOH. They will both stand equally with me.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My matron of honour is a friend that I have only known for a couple of years but we grew close in a very short time. She helped me with my self esteem issues about being a plus size woman and she welcomed me into her family right away. Our best man is my fiancé's brother so that was easy. We didn't have any difficulty choosing who was going to stand up for us.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bestie was my MoH. She went above and beyond!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics