Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie October 2023 Ontario

Who is responsible to planning/ paying for stag & doe

Sarah, on April 14, 2022 at 15:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 5

Hey there, I was hoping to get some insight as to who is primarily responsible to booking, planning, and being financially responsible for the stage & doe.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Jenn, on April 20, 2022 at 16:47
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As Rayanne said, of the (many) stag & doe's I have been a part of, the bigger costs were handled by the couple and the wedding party was in charge of basically everything else!

Now, of the ones I have planned, any of the $$ the wedding party put up for the event, was paid back out of the earnings of the night (unless the individual refused and said it was their contribution), so no one actually went out of pocket when all was said and done.

It's all about finding "auction" items, prizes, games, and prices for those items + tickets and booze, that make people want to dish $$ out for, price the [tickets, booze, tickets for prizes, starting bids, etc.) so that $$ to be made, but also not deter people from purchasing, because the whole point is to make money, not break even or have spent more than you bring in.

Of the S&Ds where the couple shared with me what was made at the end of the night, AFTER paying any outstanding invoices/paying back the wedding party, all came out ahead.

1 couple made $4k (12 ppl in wedding party; me basically organizing by myself, and 3 others helping on the gift/prize side) - with I would say 80 to 100 tickets sold.

1 couple made about $8K (with 13 ppl in wedding party, all contributing to games, prizes, etc.) with about 100 or slightly more tickets being sold

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the wedding parties I was in the cost of hall, booze and the major prize was on the wedding couple. As the bridal party we did what we could to find prizes (cold calling, asking businesses and donating one bottle of alcohol per person for the booze prize). The couple also had to have the change for bigger bills (petty cash). We all had a game we were responsible for and we sold those tickets where ever and whenever we could. The bartender was also up to the wedding couple. Remember no 50/50 draws lol you are trying to make money not give it away. The bigger your wedding party the easier it is to do a stag and doe. That is why we decided not to have one. It would be too hard for only two people as our wedding party. It's a lot of work but it is worth it if done right. You really have to weigh if you know enough people that would be willing to come. There is always a chance you could end up not making much money.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% agree with Hank too. The wedding party should have no financial responsibility for this or honestly even be expected to help. Alyx is thinking bachelorette/bachelor party as most of Canada refer to that as the stag & doe as these fundraising events I think are purely small town Ontario...
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Hank, your wedding party is already putting out so much to be in your wedding party-hair, dress, shoes etc all adds up. With the money going towards your wedding the couple should cover it.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A stag and doe could be executed by the bridal party if they have capacity but in my opinion, it really should fall on the wedding couple regardless of what's stated in other wedding industry websites. This is a fundraising event for your wedding and it would be unfair to put the financial burden of hosting one on someone else while you reap the rewards.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics