Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Who is helping you get ready?

Joey, on August 13, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

Who will be in your getting-ready room on your wedding day? Will you be getting dressed alone? With your SO? With your wedding party? WIll any of your relatives be there too?

Who is helping you get ready? 1

Photo by A.M.E.G. Designs in Mississauga

14 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on September 16, 2019 at 01:48
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom, sister, and hair/MU artist was there with me getting ready. We kept it really casual in my moms kitchen lol.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not too sure. Most likely MOH and mom. Depends on everyone else if they want to be there.
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked my mom "do you want to do a first look when I am ready or 'help' me get ready?" so obviously she wants to help me get ready. My hair and makeup will be done at the salon and I'll probably jump into my dress there, or run over to grandmas to put the dress on. My MOH will be with me also as my FH and I are having our vows with just us and our witnesses.

• Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most likely my MOH and maybe my mom.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is still a ways out, but I think it will be my Bride Tribe a.k.a. my MOH/sister and my bridesmaid/friend from college. I have one male bridal party member on my side, but we are going to give him the option if he wants to get ready with us or the groomsman.

My mom will probably be there too and I am going to ask my FH's nieces (both teenagers) and his sister if they'd want to come get ready with us.
    It's more going to be about spending the morning together as my dress is really easy to get on and the hair and make-up are being done by professionals.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My 2 sisters, mom, FMIL, FSIL, FSIL and FBIL's girlfriends will all be at the house getting hair and/or makeup done with me but my mom is likely the only one who will actually help me get dressed. It's not a complicated dress to get into lol.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most likely my mom and sister (MOH), depends on how difficult the dress is to put on. I haven't picked out at dress yet Smiley xd our whole bridal party will be getting ready in one space so I think I will have plenty of help!

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FH is actually helping me get ready, which isn't traditional but we threw tradition to the wind awhile back.
    Originally I was going to just have my 14 year old daughter help me, but there are a lot of buttons and she found it difficult. So, for the sake of pragmatism, he will help me get dressed.
    I like the idea of us arriving all together anyway.
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridal party will be at my house the morning of. But when it is time for me to get into my dress I request only my mother and MOH to be helping me!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be there with my wedding party and my mom! My mom and I are staying in the bridal suite the night before and will have all our stuff with us (attire, shoes, accessories, payment for hair and makeup). The wedding party will be staying in the hotel the night before too in different rooms all their stuff is with them too - they can go grab it as they finish hair and makeup.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be getting ready with my MOH, BM and mom. My FMIL will be getting her hair done at her own salon and then will join us for some getting ready before she goes off to see FH and get photos with him.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With the bridal party and my Mom and Baba. I'm not sure if my FMIL or my FH's Nana will get ready with us but they are more than welcome to join Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH will be helping and another bm as they are only ones who know how to do up the corset

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know my sister will be helping me for sure. My step mom will most likely be there as well. I kinda want to do a mini first look with my bridesmaids when I walk out of the room!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics