Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Who is giving a toast at your reception?

Lynnie, on August 16, 2017 at 17:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11

Hello everyone!! Will be having toasts or speeches at your wedding reception? Who will be toasting? Will you be giving a speech?

Photo by Gillian Foster Photography Photo by Gillian Foster Photography

For great tips and advice on wedding reception toasts, make sure to check out Wedding Speeches: Who Gives Them? , 25 Things You Shouldn't Say In Your Wedding Speech , and The Do's and Don'ts of a Best Man Speech !

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 12:51
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    MODs gave speeches and so did i. I had totally forgotten about my Bestman who had practised in his room before cocktail hour.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our parents, MOH, best man, maybe more, not quite sure yet.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will probably have a lot of speeches, but we will ask people to keep them short. 1. Brides parents2. Grooms mom and sister 3. MOH (if she wants to give a speech. She will have the option of saying no) 4. Grooms brother and sister in law (best man and bridesmaid) 5. Bridesmaid (friend who is very close with bride and groom) 6. Groomsmen (all three will have to write it together but basically informed us they wont forgive us if they dont get a speech lol) 7. We will do a quick thank you to everyone for coming.
    Hoping that everyone keeps their speeches short and entertaining! Ideally id like to keep speeches under half an hour , but realize that isnt likely with this many.
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH , Best Man , Groom and Bride, My mother possibly mother in law but I don't get along with her very well.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Traditional, maid of honour, best man, my dad, and us to say thank you.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We kept it very short - we had my MOH (my sister), our Best Man (DH's oldest brother), and my dad. They all rocked it!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are doing a speech together, his groomsmen are all giving speeches and then our parents. We will also probably do a speech thanking everyone.

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are actually doing a bit of an untraditional option and having an open mic type option for toasts. We will have small typed signs at each table to explain to guests that at any point through the meal if the mic is free, they are more than welcome to share a story, memory or advice for the bride and groom. We aren't doing a wedding party, so it gives close friends a chance to share
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will definitely be doing speeches but take time into consideration. We will be doing a speech, both sets of parents we will give them the option and someone on behalf of each of us. Not sure if it will be the BM or MOH though.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we will have small speeches (max 5 minutes each)
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been to too many weddings where the speeches literally lasted 2 hours and so we are definitely not doing that lol. Thankfully we have a small wedding so it will just be our parents and the best man and MOH but only if they want. We are both extremely shy but I feel like we have to at least get up there and say thank you but that's it haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics