Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Who is getting married in September 2017?

Emilie, on November 3, 2016 at 06:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 32

Hi gorgeous brides Smiley heart

Let's talk about it like we didn't know it was happening... You're getting married!! Smiley love

You all have this in common and this is going to be such an amazing month for you! You should definitely meet each other!

What have you planned so far? Where are you at in your planning? Smiley smile

Tell us a little more about you!

When did you get engaged?

What's your wedding going to be like?

What step are you at in your planning?

Image: Ariana Tennyson Photography

32 Comments

Latest activity by Angela, on February 2, 2017 at 14:41
  • Angela
    Newbie September 2017 British Columbia
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! I got engaged in December and planning to get this shyte-ton of wedding planning done in the next 6 months for Sept.9th lol. We're getting married at a lakeside resort.. i love figuring out diy decor, and have been researching endlessly on budget-friendly alternatives to ridiculously overpriced items. We've booked a venue, photographer, got my dress, shoes, officiant..I think our biggest struggle was the guest list. We're having a small 100-person wedding (we have a lot of family), which is why we chose a destination wedding. If we had it in town, our guest list would probably expand to about 300+ x_x.

I'm pretty cutthroat about the wedding though, i've had to cut some cousins and chose some close friends over them. I feel bad, but if they don't invite me to theirs i won't mind. :p

• R
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes that is a great idea Smiley smile

• R
    Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so very much Emilie. Yes all three of my kids are very excited. My boys are 4 and 3 and my daughter is 7. My daughter's name is Emily too.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds beautiful Jennifer! I'm so happy to hear about your wedding plans! Smiley heart What's left on your to-do list before the big day? Have you found your wedding dress?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Judy! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart If you need help with your other stuff, feel free to reach out! You can create a discussion anytime and all the brides will be there to help Smiley smile I can't wait to see your dress!! You should share it in this private discussion:Brides of 2017! Show off your dress! That's been a long engagement! Are you happy it's finally coming? Will you kids come to the wedding? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This so sweet Rose! I'm sending all my best wishes of recovery for your son. I hope he will get better soon! Smiley heart He must be so excited for your wedding! How old are they both?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rose! I'm glad you two get to meet! You two should create discussion with your ideas and colours. That way you can share ideas together and also meet other brides where everyone can contribute with ideas Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so amazing! How does your venue look like? Smiley love Who are your bridesmaids? I can't wait to see what you'll pick up for them. Will you go dress shopping all together?

• R
    Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emilie, thank you and we are still dealing with surgerys, etc for him. he is the one who designed my wedding cake. he is gonna be one of my ring bearers along with my other son.

• R
    Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

yes that would be great Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Newbie September 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got engaged December of 2015 . Our date is September 23rd of this year . Our venue has already been decided along with our photographer and DJ. We have alot of planning to do still but that all comes in time . My best friend is also getting married a mo the before me at the same venue and I am her MOH so it we have alot of similar features to our wedding yet different at the same time . The colors and pink and white hopefully add some gold in there some where as well .
  • J
    Newbie September 2017 Ontario
    Judy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Got engaged in 2011 after having a baby. Finally planning a wedding September 9th 2011. I've booked the Hall and have a dress that's it! Ekkk
  • Jess
    Curious September 2017 Alberta
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going with a really similar colour theme! It will look beautiful. Maybe we can exchange some ideas!?

• Jess
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still unsure of what we want for type of decorations. I think we are going with a romantic style, we know that we want to have candles on the tables, and I have found some beautiful burgundy lace table runners on etsy that might look nice!

• Jennifer
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yah! My bridesmaids and dad have been so incredibly helpful! We booked a venue in kingston ontario; Italo-canadian club. It's big, gorgeous and I am so excited!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Rose! I'm so sorry you had to postpone your wedding, I hope your kid is feeling better Smiley heart Is he/she coming to your wedding? Smiley smile I'm sure that will be a beautiful moment for him/her!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jess! You have done so much already! You'll see, we'll help you get as much done as possible before March Smiley smile What type of decorations would you like for your wedding? What style?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jennifer! Wow! It must have been so much work doing all this in the past 2 months! Smiley surprise What venue did you book? Did you get help from your friends and family?

• R
    Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got engaged on April Fools day of last year(i thought he was joking at first lol). We are getting married on September 30, 2017. We started our planning back up after we had to postpone planning due to our kids health, etc. We are going with a deep colour theme of Burgundy, Gold, Orange and Brown. I love vintage and rustic, so we are going with that theme. So if anyone has any great ideas, feel free to add me or message me. Congrats to all the September brides.
  • Jess
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged last February and are getting married Sept 2, 2017. We are getting married at a golf course with about 100 of our friends/family. So far we have most of the big stuff out of the way (venue, dresses, officiant, photographer). Next on the list is blocking off rooms for our guests and figuring out some decorations. Decorations I think will be my biggest struggle yet. We are hoping to have as much done as we can before March when work gets hectic for both of us.

• Jennifer
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in November and our wedding date is September 2016. We still have a lot to plan, we have have the venue, catering, wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses and the tuxes. Have have started looking at cakes and everything else, but it's really hard to book anything or really meet them because we live in New Brunswick and the wedding will be in Ontario.
  • Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello September brides! I got engaged in mid October 2016 and we are getting married on September 30th. We have almost all of the big stuff booked. As for what is our wedding going to be like...ceremony and reception are I a barn and we hope to be able to dance under the stars and gave a campfire. Should be a good cozy time. Cozy rustic I would say.
  • Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats. I want to have everything done by then too.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Yoko! I know what you mean I keep going back and forth with wanting harpist because it is for such a short time. On the otherhand the venue is pretty picky on ceremony music since we are out overlooking several of the holes on the golf course and think they only allow live music. For this reason I think I am going to stick with the preferred vendor list they gave me for ceremony music, but I really appreciate the offer! Smiley heart Smiley heart

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in October, originally I wanted to be married in May but got talked into September... We have all the major vendors booked... My goal is to have everything done by May since from May to November I work on average 80 hours a week.
  • Yoko
    Newbie September 2017 British Columbia
    Yoko ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've found a harpist but it's $268? Think she plays for the VSO and she does soo so many weddings. I can get her contact info if you want
    Unsure if I'll use her at this point as our ceremony is so short and just me walking down
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    September 20th! We have almost everything lined up, just have to finalize and finish booking!!
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged last Christmas so I did some basking in the glow of being engaged without doing very much. Now we have our venue ( which includes our ceremony and reception as well as tables, chairs, basic linens and all the dish and barward and liquor) I have a dress ordered, we have our photographers booked and our DJ booked. I am working on a harp for the ceremony and an officiant now.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! I got engaged at the beginning of August. I didn't start planning anything until the end of September but since then I've gotten a lot accomplished. We have a venue, photographer, and caterer booked and I just got my dress! Once I got started I sort of just wanted to get everything planned out right away, but I have to remind myself to take a breath - there's still lots of time!

• Kylie
    Frequent user September 2017 Manitoba
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got engaged in at the end of August of this year. As for what my wedding will be like. It will be an intimate event with our closest family and friends in a lovely little park. The reception will be at my parents that over looks the lake.And I love planning so I have my dress and my centrepieces sorted and the food so I think we are doing well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics