Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melinda
Devoted September 2017 Ontario

Who are you getting to do readings?

Melinda, on June 26, 2017 at 15:21 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7

Hi everyone, just wondering, who are you getting to do readings during your ceremony? We are not having a religious ceremony, but we do want to have 2-3 readings/poems about love and marriage. Do people normally have the bridal party do the readings? I would like to ask my good friend (who is not in the bridal party) but I'm wondering, should I ask the bridal party first since they are the ones most involved in the wedding?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 20:11
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A reading was part of the civil service dedicated to my husband's parents. The Officiant was the one to read it
  • Chelsey
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only have one reading, and although we thought about including someone who was not part of the wedding party, we decided that the best person would be my Dad. I did a reading at his second marriage last year, and he is very well spoken. FH and I are not extremely close with our aunts/uncles/cousins, and close friends are already part of the wedding party, so my Dad seemed like a perfect pick for us.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can have whomever you like do some readings. It is a good way to include someone in the wedding. We are not going to be having any readings but I would pick people who mean something to us and don't have a problem speaking in front of crowds.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It definitely doesn't have to be someone directly in the wedding party doing readings. Our officiants are doing ours but my officiants told me they've had couples family members or close friends (that aren't in the wedding party) do the readings.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having our officiant do our readings, which are short.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Quite often it is someone outside of your wedding party who you have do the readings, someone you are close to whom you feel it is important to include. I have done the reading at my brother's wedding and at one of my best friend's wedding, where I wasn't part of the wedding party. I think the other reader at both weddings was a favoured aunt or cousin. That doesn't mean it can't be a member of your wedding party.

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing 2 readings in our ceremony and having a member of each of our families do a reading, that way we can incorporate some other people who aren't involved in the wedding some other way. I don't believe that it has to be someone in the wedding parties, it can really be whoever you want to include in the wedding. Hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics