Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayla
Curious July 2021 Ontario

Who & how did he/she/they propose?????

Kayla, on May 28, 2020 at 13:04 Posted in Before the wedding 1 18

I wanted to share our story to all the brides out there! I also want to hear how your proposals went & attach any photos/videos you have! Smiley smile

Our Story:

My fiancé and I have been dating for almost 9 years July 9, 2020. The past 3 years have been a really difficult time for us his mother was diagnosed with ALS. We had been talking about getting married for a bit before her diagnoses but when it came back we gave up on everything and strictly focused on her. Before she passed away in October 2020, she gave us her blessing and gave us her ring. It was the ring from his Father and she told us to redesign it however we liked. My Fiancé, Umberto, had already had a meeting scheduled with Diamond Boi and explained to him our situation. He wanted to propose before she passed. She was getting weaker and we knew this had to be done quick. Diamond Boi did everything he could to have that ring designed and finished in time, however, she sadly passed away a day later after she gave us the ring. She was such a beautiful person.

When Umberto got the ring from Diamond Boi he had to plan a date where I wouldn't have any clue what was about to happen. He secretly hired an amazing Proposal Planner - Amber Walker, and had her set everything up for him. He proposed to me on my birthday January 12, 2020. He thought it would be the least expected as we usually just do dinner. He told me we were going to a restaurant and I'd never been, so as we're driving I'm not paying any attention to where we're going and we pull up to a golf course. I was a little confused but he said they have a really good restaurant it is highly recommended so I thought we'd try it out. I wasn't even thinking or jumping to any conclusions, still completely oblivious I hopped out of the truck and started to walk up to the front of the clubhouse. He told me the restaurant was around back - still completely oblivious - we walked to the back. The trees had pretty string lights all lit up. And as I walk down this long pathway unable to see anything we hear Michael Bublé - Crazy Love playing over the speakers. As I turn the corner I'm standing on a deck and a photographer starts capturing my reactions. It was magical. I love the snow & winter it was perfect! Beyond what I could have pictured. He looked at me as we walked over to the table and said "it's about time, right?" He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was beautiful. I will never forget that day.

It's extremely hard to tell people this story and as I write it I'm torn up, but it was the most beautiful proposal. I'm so happy to have some of her diamonds on my ring and know she is with me every day. Smiley heart

Links to see the setup of the proposal:

https://youtu.be/KPB0O9iKrMk

https://youtu.be/n9l3x09RoCc

Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 1

Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 2

Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 3

Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 4

18 Comments

Latest activity by Olivia, on June 16, 2020 at 00:14
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is so sweet!

We got engaged right around our 5 and a half year anniversary. We got engaged on April 18 2020, because it was during the pandemic I didn’t expect it at all. Turns out he had bought the ring before Christmas!! He made sure I got out of the house that day and when I came back our puppy Harley greeted me as usual, but he was wearing a new bandana! It said “mom will you marry dad?” When I walked into the living room, Jake was on one knee and on our tv screen was all our closest friends & family watching via zoom! It was definitely everything I wanted and more. We’re getting married October 23rd 2021, 3 days before our 7 year anniversary ❤️Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 5
    Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 6
    Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 7

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He had one of our close friends invite us out for drinks, and karaoke, so I was not at all suspicious... Long story short (Long story involves me eating a panzerotti and almost missing my own proposal LOL), my FH sang Edwin McCain's I'll Be and dropped to his knee, pulling out the ring, during the instrumental portion of the song Smiley smile

• Kristen
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé purposed in Paris on our 2 year anniversary after we went up the Eiffel Tower. We were having a picnic and champagne in the Champ Du Mars park Smiley heart It was the most perfect thing I could have ever dreamed of

Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 8

Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 9

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awh that is beautiful, Japan story or no Japan story you still got the proposal you wanted and that's all that matters Smiley heart Great Photos too!

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOW Smiley surprise Smiley love

That is absolutely beautiful & awesome! What an incredible shot too! Congrats to the both of you!!!

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awhhhhhhh omg! I love this story Smiley love

This is beautifullllll! Congratulations to the both of you!

• Kate-Lynn
    Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went on an amazing trip to Taiwan and Japan in the fall last year. There was a moment on the trip on our last day there that I felt he was going to propose. He didn’t. A couple months went by and I came home after work to find candles leading from the front door to the basement. I followed them and he was down there with his amazing suit on. Next thing I know he’s on one knee. Later on he explained that he really felt like it was the right time to propose in Japan he just didn’t have a ring prepared. I was completely surprised that day he proposed. Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 10
    Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 11

• Sarra
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Sarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 12
    My fiancé proposed yesterday on top of this amazing mountain. We’ve been dating for 4.5 years. It was so perfect!! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow thats just soo nice i love it!!

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My boyfriend (fiance) proposed on September 27, 2019.. on September 25th, 2019 he was called to the bar (lawyer) and so his mom and I had planned a celebration for him at his parent's place on the 27th. We told everyone that we invited that it would be a casual drop in to congratulate him and have some drinks & apps. Most people showed up at the start of the party.. friends, family... co-workers.. it was wonderful. About two hours in, David (my fiance) said that we wanted to gather everyone together to thank them for coming. I thought that was such a wonderful idea, so I quickly gathered everyone in the foyer of his parent's place. David began by thanking his family and friends for all of their support but then went into this long thank you to me.. (I moved to England while he went to school there, etc). He then said that he had a special gift for me. While he was in school I would joke that I deserved to get a lawyers diploma once he graduated because I would sit and listen to him recite case law every night.. so I thought the gift was going to be this made up diploma! He then said he needed his 3 year old nephew to help him. Next thing I know, his 3 year old nephew is walking into the circle carrying a little box. When he got to the centre he said he was going to open it for his uncle.. which David quickly stopped. Just like that he was down on one knee in front of all of our closest friends and family.. and I was blubbering like a mad woman! It was honestly the greatest day of my life and a total shock. 9 years together and I had just moved on past being engaged or married.. I knew my life was with him and that's what made me happy.. now we get to make it truly official!!!

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

AHHHH I love it!!! Taylor, you did good! What a great way to celebrate a work win! Smiley diamond Smiley ring

Love the photo & congrats to you both!!! Smiley heart

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amanda thank you,

and ohhhh my gosh! I love it!!! That would certainly be the best gift ever for Christmas!! Congratulations to you bothSmiley heart

Ps. I've done that to people with money gifts and such. I love doing the box inside of a box, I've gone as big as a couch sized box! All they found was a champagne bottle in the smallest box hahahahahaha.

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Kelsie!! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That story is beautiful!!!

My fiance purposed to me Christmas morning beside our Christmas tree with just the two of us! The ring box was under the tree for 2 weeks and I had no idea! It wasn't a normal size ring box either. The jewelry store he had bought the ring from had put the ring box inside another box so as I was opening the box Christmas morning, I still had no idea until I took the second box out of the first box!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is so sweet!

Taylor had me convinced that he hadn't found a ring yet and up until about 20 minutes before he had me showing him rings I liked online. We were celebrating a promotion at work and when I went to open a bottle of wine he was on one knee in our kitchen! I was completely blown away because he had been throwing me off his trail for days! We don't have any photos from the moment, but this is one of my favorite engagement photos.
    Who & how did he/she/they propose????? 13

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What an amazing story! Your mother in law will be with you both in spirit, leading up to, and of course, the day of your marriage!

Congratulations!

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was certainly hard to write that! Smiley cry Smiley heart

Thank you Kristen, truly! Smiley heart

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not crying your crying.. Smiley cry

So beautiful! and those pictures! You guys are the most beautiful couple Smiley love

Congrats to you both and I am sorry to hear about your MIL. Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics