Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenny
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

White dress for engagement photos?

Jenny, on September 12, 2021 at 00:35 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13
So I won a contest and we’re getting free engagement photos done tomorrow! I went shopping this past week for something to wear but I’m all in my head about my outfit now that it’s almost the day of (technically it is the day of since it’s past midnight lol). I got this white dress to wear for the photos

White dress for engagement photos? 1
Is it okay to wear white for engagement photos? We’re having a fall wedding next year and we’re getting our photos taken at the dominion arboretum (in Ottawa, Canada). What did you wear for your engagement photos if you got them done? I was thinking of wearing black heeled booties with this but me and my fiancé are the same height so maybe flats are better? No idea what to dress him in either 😅 I know I’m probably overthinking this but I’d love to hear someone else’s thoughts on this

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jenny, on October 3, 2021 at 19:23
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    White dress for engagement photos? 2
    White dress for engagement photos? 3

White dress for engagement photos? 4
    Finally got them to load 😊 these are the images we chose from our shoot! We got them done by CM images

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure why my photos aren’t attaching 😅 I’ll try adding them another time!
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just got our photos back 😊
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great to hear! I can't wait to see them Smiley heart

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did 😊 I’m definitely going to post photos once we get them
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no!! At least you brought the booties as a back up!! I hope you had a great time Smiley heart

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So I wore the middle ones for a little bit and my black booties for a little bit as well - the middle ones ended up giving me a huge blister after three locations so I had to switch 😅
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think the ones in the middle would be perfect!

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    White dress for engagement photos? 5
    So these are the two pairs of flats I own next to the little black booties - I did my nails a colour between grey and pink (it’s the OPI colour “Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around” I think they consider it a nude).
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is a beautiful dress! You can wear whatever you want for engagement photos! The best tip I got though was to wear something you're comfortable in (sometimes taking these photos feels odd and can get uncomfortable - although it shouldn't with the right photographer). Our photos were in fall so we went with sweater weather wear! Do you have a bootie or flat that's a lighter colour? Black might be a really stark contrast to the white... Have fun!!! The Arboretum is so beautiful and the weather looks like it'll be perfect today!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know people who wore a complete bridal ensemble (wedding dress + tuxedo) for their engagement shoot. If you want to wear a white dress for the photos, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the white dress would be totally fine for your engagement photos!

This is what my fiance and I wore for ours. I had matched one of the colors from my shirt to his.

White dress for engagement photos? 6

White dress for engagement photos? 7

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also getting engagement photos done tomorrow! I totally think it's okay to wear white for engagement photos! I originally wanted a white floral dress (something like below) but I couldn't find something like that anywhere in town...
    White dress for engagement photos? 8
    As of right now I am planning in wearing a navy dress that has small purple and yellow roses on it. But im gunna go to the mall again tomorrow in hopes I can something more similar to what I want!

With a dress like the one you showed a picture of I'd wear sandals or flats!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics