Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tiffany
Devoted October 2017 Ontario

Whiskey pouring ceremony

Tiffany, on September 13, 2017 at 22:12 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8

Still looking into doing a whiskey aging/pouring unity ceremony. Not quite sure about the wording though.. have been researching and stuck as I'm not good with words... any suggestions?? Thank you!

Info found online about wording:

It’s a good idea to explain to your guests what’s happening and what the whiskey is meant to represent. Write up something short to add to your ceremony– a description of the drinks, what each is meant to represent to you and your partner, and the dates in the future you hope to share it together. Like,
Tonight, after returning to your hotel to snuggle up,
After your first big fight (and subsequent make up!)
After the birth of your children
On your one-year, ten-year, twenty-year and subsequent anniversaries and more.

The goal, of course, is to make your very own, very special blended whiskey. So don’t just pick any old whiskey off the shelf. Take time to consider your options. As the couple in TheKnot.com decided, unaged whiskey is better– it will have longevity and age mingled together, just like you and your partner.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on September 15, 2017 at 14:22
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never heard of a whiskey pouring ceremony! That's pretty cool.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a Rose ceremony with similar theme. Place a rose at a designated spot in your house on each anniversary to bring you back to this moment and symbolize the commitment you're making to each other. Or if one of you is experiencing hardship, give a rose to your partner to show and remind them they are loved.
    The actual wording/ceremony is put away now.
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No I haven't yet! But in process of doing so.. I'm going on Etsy. I was going to get it from the Toronto Distillery Co. But they have closed their retail store so don't have the barrels and aging kits available. I have found a 2L barrel on Etsy (memoriesmadecustom) from Toronto.
    And because I can't find the aging stuff in Canada - i have purchased a white rye to pour in and see what happens.

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing this too! I haven't even thought about what will be said during the ceremony yet. Have you ordered your barrel? I'm trying to figure out the best place to get it from.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest saying a little something about why you each picked that particular whisky ("I picked this whisky because it has a floral nose but spicy note just like me.") Then you could say why they pair well together and then share when you will enjoy it. It doesn't have to be anything fancy.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Such a great idea! Love it!!!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love this idea!
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a very unique idea. As whiskey ages it gets more mellow, just like we do. Awesome.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics