Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Aubrey
Curious June 2023 Ontario

Which song to walk down the aisle to?

Aubrey, on September 29, 2022 at 08:02 Posted in Wedding ceremony 1 18
I have 2 amazing contenders for my walking down the aisle song and I can’t decide! These are my 2 options:

- Enchanted by Taylor Swift (Epic Orchestra Cover)https://youtu.be/bxt8skj2kge
Music would start at 1:29, guests asked to rise, start walking at 1:47
- I Get to Love You by Ruelle (Piano and Strings Cover)https://youtu.be/efla4_qf7bc Music would start at 0:40 or 0:50, guests asked to rise, start walking at 1:00
Which one should I go with?

18 Comments

Latest activity by AtonundRc, on November 16, 2022 at 14:41
  • R
    Curious July 2023 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both songs are beautiful. Decide weather oor not you want a more traditional or classic vibe or a more romantic vibe. Good luck

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I get to love you by Ruelle. I would find the orchestra version, but then again sometimes with the words it sends goosebumps on your arm and then you see the tears flow down.

But with Bridgerton I find songs have been remastered beautifully with an orchestra. As much as I love the words to my song, I looked for different musical options and going that route.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL I'm glad I am not alone Smiley sexy

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was just thinking about this on my way to work today LOL. I'm with you Kelly....he LOVES Rage Against the Machine (fingers crossed) Smiley sexy

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Hank,

it's going to be interesting finding an ideal song that works for a wedding- he LOVES heavy metal Smiley laugh

• Aubrey
    Aubrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awesome! Go on YouTube and search for orchestra instrumentals of his favourite songs, or if he has a particular band or artist, check if they have some instrumental covers on YouTube. Smiley smile I hope you both find something you love!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Find out what his favourite ballad is and find an instrumental version of that. I personally wanted to walk down to Can You Feel the Love Tonight but the DJ played it for the bridesmaids and their song on me (that's a whole other rant lol).

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally understandable. I don't know anyone who has done it! LOL

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such a great idea! I think going with an instrumental is the greatest idea! So much so that I am going to do that myself! I just need to figure out a song for my FH to walk down the aisle to.... thoughts?

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you really want Tay Tay, you can try finding another instrumental cover of it that may come off more whimsical.

• Aubrey
    Aubrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I love both as well! I think right now, I’m leaning towards I Get to Love You because it feels more outdoorsy, even though Taylor Seift always has my heart LOL
  • Aubrey
    Aubrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Smiley laugh I played it a couple of times and I wanted to find a place in the song where it builds up to the big moment.
  • Aubrey
    Aubrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that song! Both the original and just the instrumental! I’ve known too many people close to me who’ve done it though so I had to pick something else LOL
  • Aubrey
    Aubrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! There was something about the Enchanted cover that made me feel like it’d be sort of out of place outdoors, and I think that’s exactly it.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My pick is I Get to Love You by Ruelle as it works for all settings.

The orchestral cover for the Taylor Swift song feels like it should be played at a church or cathedral. If that's where you're having your ceremony, then great but if it's an outdoor ceremony, something about the vibe doesn't match.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have known what song I wanted to walk down the aisle too since 2015. It is the Instrumental version of Turning Pages - Sleeping at Last.

I am a huge twihard and when I heard it in the movie I became obsessed. I do not care how many times it has been done. LOL

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love both! Just remember it's your wedding day really think about which one you're going to remember for the rest of your days that this is the one you walked down the aisle to.

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love I Get to Love You by Ruelle and starting it a certain time in the song is a great idea!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics