Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Curious June 2018 Quebec

Where to spend your honeymoon?

Rouguiatou, on June 2, 2017 at 11:53 Posted in Honeymoon 0 15

Hi all,

My fiancee and I were discussing possible honeymoon ideas, and we are not very inspired to say the least. The wedding is already a big thing, and so we want something special, but low-key (and gentle to the wallet). How do you imagine/ how have you spent your honeymoons?

Cheers,

R

15 Comments

Latest activity by AlexAlex, on November 3, 2017 at 05:13
  • A
    Beginner July 2017 Ontario
    AlexAlex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In my opinion, Quebec City is a perfect destination for a honeymoon. It is so romantic, with amazing hotels and so many lovely restaurants. Even the shopping areas are romantic thereSmiley smile We personally went on our honeymoon a year ago and are considering going back for our first anniversary. This post offers more romantic geteways https://etacanadaonline.com/romantic-gateways-of-canada . Hope you find it useful.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are staying at the Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an. These are some of the stock pictures from the website. It looks amazing! I am so excited!

Grand Bahia Principe Tulum

Decktop Jacuzzi!!!

Luxery Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an

• K
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where are you staying! Sounds amazing! Do you have pictures/the resort name Smiley smile ?

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married in September 2017, Canada's 150th anniversary. We've decided to keep our money in Canada and see some of the country. I'd like to go to Quebec City and see some of the historical places, and experience the French culture. Then we'll be heading east to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Mexico for 2 weeks straight after the wedding. We don't need gifts so I being gauche and asking for money instead so will see what happens. We are going in the off season and have used flight perks so we are just over 5k for plus seating direct flight and the JR penthouse with a private deck Jacuzzi. Smiley smile so even if no one gives us a dime I am pretty happy with that cost!

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rouguiatou, Happy to read your discussion. Do you have any destination in mind? You want to go far? Here i send you some discussion that could give you some inspiration: Honeymoon: national or international destination? - All-inclusive beach honey moon destinations - Honeymoon: Destinations. Here also some articles: Honeymoon. Smiley heart

• R
    Curious June 2018 Quebec
    Rouguiatou ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sure, should definitely ask around, thanks for the tip !

• R
    Curious June 2018 Quebec
    Rouguiatou ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the treehouse idea !!! ThanksSmiley smile

• Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to a friends Trailor for our honeymoon. only 5-10 mins from Sauble Beach. I can't wait.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were going to rent a cottage in PEI since we are already back East for the wedding but our budget for the honneymoon is very small so instead we are staying at his aunts RV for a few days then going to his dads cottage in NS... Do you have family or friends with vacation homes? Troy didn't want to ask but most people want to help with the wedding and they were thrilled to give us a hand.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you want something low-key and reasonably priced you could always rent a nice cottage/cabin. Not sure where you are located but in Ontario we have Algonquin Provincial Park and they have really nice cabins to rent and they have really good restaurants around there. My mother in law and her husband stayed there last fall as a romantic getaway and loved it! Something else I've always wanted to do is rent a "treehouse". There are quite a few around here and they look super cute!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Look into renting an AirBNB place down East (NS, NB or PEI). We did this last summer and was very reasonably priced and we managed to see a lot and do a lot. Il y a beaucoup de belles places dans notre pays!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Rouguiatou,I would definitely agree with you. I was looking at honeymoon resorts in Canada and they are some awesome places like Nova Scotia, parts of Ontario and even Prairies and West Coast have beautiful honeymoon spots. Hope this helps.
  • R
    Curious June 2018 Quebec
    Rouguiatou ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Chelsea! I had never heard of a Jack and Jill before (I'm French) but what a fun idea.

I think we would probably go the "close to home" route and save up for a bigger trip later.

Thanks again for the advice Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Jamaica, but we had a Jack and Jill and raised money that paid for the honeymoon for us! My cousin is going to a relatives cottage for a week or two after the wedding and then saving up to go on a bigger trip next year. My friends last year just did a week long trip in Niagara Falls so they would be close to home and not break the bank!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics