Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alanah
Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia

Where to put the bouquet

Alanah, on August 15, 2017 at 00:31 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13
I don't plan on having a bridal party so who would I pass my bouquet to? Should I just not have one? I have no idea where I'd put it during the ceremony.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Alanah, on August 18, 2017 at 10:28
  • Alanah
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great option, thanks for sharing!
  • Heaven
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Heaven ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ball bouquet's are apparently very in right now. You can have it attach to a bracelet so you don't even need to pass it to someone. My friend did this and it came in handy!

Where to put the bouquet - 1
  • Nadia
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think pass it on to your dad should be fine..and its actually very sweet. ❤
  • Samantha
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Passing it to your mother would be sweet!
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it would be meaningful to have your mom to hold onto your bouquet for you or if that's not an option maybe have a vase near you without water in it to put it.

• Alanah
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you all for your input! Some great options I never thought of.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The other brides had some great ideas like giving the bouquet to your mom or putting it in a vase on the signing table! I don't necessarily think it think it would look weird not to carry one but it does help give you something to do with your hands. Are you walking yourself down the aisle or with a family member? If a family member is walking you, then you can link arms but if you're walking yourself it does help to have something to carry so your arms aren't just swinging by your side. And the bouquet looks nice for pics later too! Totally up to you though!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Could do a corsage instead? or put it on the signing table, or give to your mother.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would maybe hand it to your mum as she will most likely be sitting in the front row. Putting it on the signing table is another good idea. As someone else said though, if you feel like not having a bouquet is your best option then that is ok too.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As the others have said you can hand off to someone sitting down, you will have the signing table there as well you could also just set it on the table or the ground if you really want a bouquet. However it is your wedding so there is no reason you have to have one if you don't want one. You could have nothing or do a wrist corsage if you want some flowers but don't want to worry about carrying anything. Do what works for you and what makes you happy! Smiley smile Smiley heartSmiley heart

• Alanah
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes there will be flower girls but I was thinking of having them carry their own mini bouquet and of course my parents will also be there.. I suppose I could pass it to my mother.. Do you think it would look odd if I didn't carry one at all though?
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Who will be in the front row in terms of closest family and friends? I'd pick someone there (a mom, sibling, friend) to hand your bouquet off to during those parts of the ceremony.

You could also skip the bouquet if you want! I took more pictures alone and together with my husband without my bouquet than I did holding my bouquet, so if you don't think you'll miss it you probably won't!

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Who do u have involved in your ceremony? A flower girl? Your mother? Your father?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics