Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jesse
Newbie August 2023 Ontario

Where to make a Registry in Ontario

Jesse, on October 12, 2022 at 16:36 Posted in Ontario 0 7

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone in Ontario has any good places to create e registry? I was totally against the idea at first, but now I am being told I have to have a bridal shower and make one for my wedding. Any tips, tricks and suggestions are greatly appreicated!

Jess

7 Comments

Latest activity by Virtual, on October 26, 2022 at 20:48
  • V
    Newbie October 1975
    Virtual ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I confirm. I join told all above. We can communicate on this theme.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I wrote on my web page.

Your presence means the world to us and that is all we can ask for. If you'd like to contribute to our registry or honeymoon, here are a few things we would like as we start the next chapter.

We also accept monetary gifts.

You can always say something like "Your presence means the world to us and that is all we can ask for. Since we've been together and are settled in, if you would like to contribute towards our honeymoon or towards next chapter as husband and wife, we accept monetary gifts."

And just keep your wedding registry to Amazon, where they can actually purchase gift cards and you can buy what you want and need, or place smaller items for the guest who cannot afford to spend $100 of dollars.

• Jesse
    Jesse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is where things get out of hand in my opinion. In my mind a bridal party = gifts. That's its only purpose. I try to think about if the roles were reversed and I know for sure I would not be going ! LOL. Time, effort and money.. for the same thing. Most people don't need items anymore because they already live together. *Sighs* I appreicate your list of places though! I will start to look at making lists there.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was never aware of bridal showers until my friend got married, then I was confused to why did I buy a gift at the shower and now I have to give another one at the wedding? Then was invited to a wedding but since I said yes to my friends first, I said no to the other one and was told by my FMIL that it was customary to buy a gift for the couple even if I wasn't going. Like What? Have fun enjoy the party they are celebrating you and your wedding.

I have mine at Amazon and Bed bath and beyond, I like amazon because not everyone can afford expensive gifts, so I have things for $20 and things to $300 plus they can deliver it directly to you if they want or send it to the buyer's house. Bed bath also has group pricing where if an item is expensive more than one person could put money towards it.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh ok, at least they're not making you plan your own. I've heard of crazy situations where family members demand brides have one just so they can be invited to a party.

Since someone insists on throwing you one, just create a registry using myregistry.com and add fun gifts. Showers typically are for smaller gifts instead of big appliance items that's typical of a wedding registry so it could be a way for you to collect fun things like a board game you wanted to own, something related to your hobbies, small knick knacks for your house etc.

• Jesse
    Jesse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Hank ! I appreciate the list of places. Why I’m being forced to have one ? No clue. I asked not for one because of time and a busy scheduled and was told they were throwing me one regardless. Could be because I’m an only child, unsure. Not worth the fight. Have to pick and choose your own battles.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Why do you have to have a bridal shower? If you don't want a bridal shower, why are people forcing it on you? I'm always baffled how people think they can dictate how other people live their lives.

You can make a registry from almost any Canadian store like The Bay, Canadian Tire, Bed Bath and Beyond, Amazon, etc or you can use a universal registry like myregistry.com.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics