Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Newbie July 2018 Nova Scotia

Where to go on a honeymoon in July/august?

Jennifer, on October 30, 2017 at 02:35 Posted in Honeymoon 0 15
Where to go on a honeymoon ? Should I go in July/August or in the winter?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on November 3, 2017 at 22:32
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married on August 4th next year and as I work in a school we planned it so we could take our honeymoon in August. We are looking into Europe as well. I have been to Switzerland and Greece already both are amazing places to visit. Switzerland borders Germany and France all within driving distance. The little towns were amazing when I was younger. My FH wants to go to Germany and he has a friend who lives there, he also wants to go to Poland. Part of my family comes from the Netherlands so I wish to go there, but would love to go to Ireland and Scotland as well. I could keep going back to Europe and never be done. Smiley smile It is such a beautiful place. I am leary on London though after all the stuff that has been happening there though unfortunately. My daughter has an aunt who lives there and I don't know why she still lives there...

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It all depends on where you want to go! If you want to go in July/August, you could always do an adventure like Europe, Africa, etc. If you want to go down to the Caribbean, then maybe wait till winter!

• Jessica
    Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan to drive a few hours to a cute lake house I am renting for a few nights, it's quiet, secluded and has a beautiful view Smiley smile way cheaper than going south, plus doctor told me if I want help getting preggo I can't go south as she won't help me until 1 year after I've returned

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did Jamaica in August, went from the 17th to the 24th and although it was hot, it is surrounded by water, and so the wind made it more breezy and actually very nice!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Spain and Italy are both great choices for a honeymoon! Lots of great food, history and romance! I would suggest going later in the summer or waiting until the Spring as there will be lots of tourist in July to mid-August. Also keep in mind that most of Italy shuts down for the month of August as that is usually when they take vacation. Not as many things are open.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Costa Rica in the middle of June. Any later than that and the hurricanes start rolling in if you're planning somewhere tropical.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be doing scotland/ireland for our honey moon! We are trying to go sept/oct because ive heard july/aug is the most expensive time and the most busy.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Europe I'm thinking? But where is a good place to go?
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Sonja
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you want to go abroad or stay in the country? What sort of honeymoon are you interested in?

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've heard that Croatia is a beautiful country to visit. My daughter and her husband went and had nothing but good things to say. It really depends upon how much time you have. One week for Europe is not enough unless you just visit one country.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you I was thinking the same thing!! Europe is where I want to go!! I was thinking about going to a travel agent!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 😃 I thinking more Europe!! It's way too hot down south at that time.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it depends on what you want out of a honeymoon. Do you want to relax, or do you want to be a tourist? I know a lot of people who were married in the summer and did European honeymoons with full itineraries. I personally want a relaxing honeymoon after all the planning. If you want to relax on a beach, you may want to choose a location that won't be scorching hot. Or you could always relax in cottage country instead of a tropical location.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me personally I would go somewhere in Europe like Rome or Ireland or go somewhere Nordic like Iceland. That is definitely on my bucket list! It would be a nice time to go as it wouldn't be freezing there and there is a lot to do and see. You could still do a beach vacation but the weather would be extremely hot and humid and starts getting into the rainy season.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics