Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Darren
Frequent user May 2021 Ontario

Where to get Ready

Darren, on August 28, 2020 at 12:26 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

I'm having a challenge in choosing a perfect place to get ready for my wedding. Here's the skinny..... there's no bride just two Grooms and we have a wedding party of 12 including ourselves. There's males and females, but I want to find a place where we can all be and have like a morning brunch before getting ready.

I welcome all and every suggestion.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 28, 2020 at 18:56
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It would be good to see what's around the venue and have that space for getting ready with the wedding party. An outdoor space that is good to have everyone waiting and you two surprise them would be different and able to take pictures too.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would look into air b&bs that would have space for everyone. That way people would have privacy but can also mingle together, and the two of you can be kept apart.
  • Darren
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Hank

Thank you for the suggestion I will reach out to them and see if they are able to accommodate our request. I know they have an upstairs hall that we can probably have sectioned off to avoid either of us seeing each other.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Darren, congrats on your upcoming nuptials. Can Cederbrae host your brunch in the same room as the reception, or at least an adjacent cocktail room? If I remember correctly, Cederbrae's club house is like a mansion type of building so there should be more than enough rooms for your whole party to do their thing. Just have everyone show up in civilian clothes, have brunch, and then change in separate rooms (one for your party and one for his).

Btw, I would avoid AirBNBs from now on because the company just released a policy on no parties allowed at any of their listed properties.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a great idea! Plus where Cedarbrae is, there should be quite a few options for you in Scarborough or Markham. We’re doing the same thing with the AirBnB to save our photographer and stylist the run-around, but it had to be close enough so we can stuff ourselves in the cars in our dresses. It would be great if you could nab a whole house as you have separate levels and a nice yard to relax/have prep pictures in.
  • Darren
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Genevieve

We want to be able to get ready all at the same location and we're keeping the element of surprise at the altar. I've been considering options of a hotel or an AirBNB just so that we have more room and our photographer has a much easier job. With our wedding being 3pm I figured an early rise and breakfast can be a great kickstart to the day. Our ceremony is Cedarbrae Golf Club.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Darren!
    Are you looking for a space where you can get ready to after brunch all together or with separate rooms for both of you? (Not sure if you’re doing a first look/surprise at the altar). If you rented an airBNB you could all get ready in the same house and not have to run up and down hotel halls. Whereabouts are you getting married?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics