Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie October 2018 Quebec

Where to get married?

Andrea, on January 20, 2017 at 17:57 Posted in Quebec 0 10
So I'm just in the very beginning of exploring wedding ideas.My fiance and I are hopeful we get married in October of 2018 but our budget is tight as we are paying for it out of our own pockets.We are having 100 guests. Is it even possible to find a hall and have it catered for under 5000$
Any help or advice would be helpful.The budget is actually 10,000 but including everything from dress to decor and everything in between. I just need to find a cheap place to hold it!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Leah, on February 12, 2017 at 17:00
  • Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting married in Val-d'Or. We are getting married at the school I teach at so that we can do a potluck supper. The high school has a Christian room so that is where we are doing the ceremony even though it's not a religious ceremony. My friend is our designated officiant so she is free. We just have to pay the court filing fee after the wedding which is $54.75 My school is charging me $200. We plan on spending $1000 on food and alcohol since we asked people to bring a dish of food to share or a bottle of wine. A friend from Montreal who works in music is our dj. A friend of a friend is our photographer. My dress cost $240 and was paid for by my mom. Decorations are made with paper. So our wedding will be very DIY to keep costs down. After all fees are paid it will have cost us a max of $2000. Neither of us is interested in spending much on a wedding since it's the marriage we want. By doing a potluck supper we were able to invite all the people we wanted to invite.

You can get married in public parks for free in Quebec. You just need to get a city permit. I would have had a backyard reception since our backyard is big enough but we didn't want to disturb our neighbours plus we wanted to get married in April so weather is not good then for an outside ceremony.

You can look into kiwanis centres or other halls that may charge a minimal fee.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great Andrea! Congrats! What's the next step in your planning now? Did you find a photographer? Smiley smile Let us know how it goes! I can't wait to read about your ideas for the wedding!

• A
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't seen it in person yet and probably won't until this summer when we are ready to start making more concrete decisions but in pictures looks great and can accommodate the amount of guests we plan on having
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Andrea! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart I'm so glad you found something interesting through our site. How does the banquet hall look like? Smiley smile Will you be able to invite all the guests you had in mind?

• A
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Actually I may have found a place through this website. La banquet sirene in Laval is extremely reasonably priced!
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree, it is quite steep for us as well! Are you in Montreal as well? When are you looking for? And what type of feel do you want for your wedding?
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out some city owned halls. I viewed one called Vielle brasserie in Lachine. You pay $700 for the whole night but you can only reserve within one year of the date you want.
    Beautiful rustic hall, you would cater everything yourself, it is on the waterfront. It is worth checking out if you are on a budget.
    Canvas in Lachine is also a great venue. Awesome, friendly owners. Check them out!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly to host 100 guests with food and drink will be quite difficult on your budget if you want to serve dinner, but if you search you may be able to find a venue that offers a buffet package (much more budget friendly than plated dinners!)

If you are open to a later evening cocktail party with apps, or a midday brunch or luncheon, you would be able to stretch your budget much further! Also consider a Friday or Sunday, as venues sometimes offer dicounts for the less "in demand" days.

Winter weddings will also save you a good amount of money!

I don't know your area- so no ideas for locations. Good luck!

• A
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are looking almost anywhere to be honest. Up to an hour outside of the city even but all the quotes I get are a lot higher than I can afford getting quotes of 85$ per person which is just too much for me Smiley sad
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am in virtually the same situation as you! Where are you looking to get married? I am looking in and around Montreal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics