Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert July 2021 Ontario

Where to buy diy supplies?

Sarah, on May 13, 2019 at 17:24 Posted in DIY 0 18
I’m looking for things like: table runners, candle holders, wood slabs ( although we may cut them ourselves ), mason jars (Walmart?), etc.

Where are you ladies getting your decor/supplies from??

18 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on May 16, 2019 at 20:12
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!! After reading these I looked up some wedding groups on Facebook and joined a couple! Hope I find good deals!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Sarah! See if there's a local wedding facebook group for your area. I found a TON of my decor items that other brides were selling after their wedding for cheap.

Found our seating chart, table numbers, and welcome sign. I'm always seeing those wood slabs on there.

As for candle holders, we're renting ours. And I actually bought our table runners form ebay of all places. I got 18 lace table runners for $50, and they look awesome.

• Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try checking out Facebook marketplace.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Garage sales are another good idea. I am def keeping my eye out in the buy and sells too
  • Audra
    Beginner October 2019 Alberta
    Audra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I live in a Fort McMurray, and I don’t have much choice on places to purchase items. I’m diy-omg everything though. I try to shop local, but Amazon has been my friend. Check out buy and sells on Facebook though, I have found some incredible finds there. I’m always keeping my eyes open for a new find. Garage saleing is in my near future for the last few goodies I need.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t know you could buy in bulk from the dollar store I will definitely look into that
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would recommend checking out Dollar Tree and Dollarama online for bulk mason jars and maybe candle holders - they have pretty good prices when you buy a pack of 24 or so.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For wood slabs I highly suggest doing them yourself. My fiance and I couldn't find any that were large enough for what we needed and even the smaller ones that we found were super expensive. We were driving home from work one day and saw someone had cut done a tree and we just grabbed the wood off the side of the street and sanded it down.

Everything else we got from Amazon mostly, some stuff from Michaels and Etsy.

Table runners were on sale on Amazon in packs of 10 last time I saw them.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Table runners- suggest a fabric place, candle holders i looked online in bulk, wood slaps (family friend cut ours and we sanded them), mason jars (best bet walmart), also if your looking for supplies you could check local wedding swap sites of people selling- normally they are sick of having storing there supplies and want to get rid of them. I bought a lot off of there!

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great suggestions thank you guys!! I forgot about party city and winners
  • Shruti
    Beginner July 2019 Alberta
    Shruti ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Micheals and Party City ! Look at Amazon as well , they have good stuff too
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Outlet stores can help with the lower prices and get as many needed. Rustic supplies carry the wood slabs you are looking for and size based.

Ikea does sell mason jars and other small décor too if you want to go there for your shopping. Check their website too and see the variety available first to make sure its the one you want.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I find michael's expensive.
    Keep an eye out for yard sales, people are always getting rid of mason jars and things.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For sure Michaels. Sign up for their emails and you get coupons all the time.
    Also look into winners or home sense. Although these places can be hit and miss you never know what you might find!
    look into Facebook buy and sell groups. You may find good deals from someone!
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got all my candle holders from IKEA - so cheap! I spent about $25 for 8 lace looking ones and spray painted them rose gold. I also bought a bunch of glass vases from there to use for candles. They probably have mason jars as well. Places like Michaels can be super expensive for certain things, so just look around.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With Michaels, even if you don't have a coupon yourself, the sales associates will normally honor the discount anyways.

I found a lot of stuff off of Kijiji and even at Party City as well. Kijiji would be a place for Mason Jars for sure.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will try michaels. Sometimes there stuff can be overpriced though but yes they do have sales
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve heard Michaels is great and they have sales quite often

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics