Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Terrin
Newbie September 2022 Alberta

Where to buy disposable cameras!

Terrin, on February 15, 2022 at 02:43 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9
Hi friends!!
I love the idea of having disposable cameras for each table!! Is there anywhere either in Canada or without crazy shipping that’s the best for a bulk order?

TIA ☺️

9 Comments

Latest activity by Malyssa, on February 16, 2022 at 20:39
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah the idea is very fun, technology has really ruined physical media haha, the 90s were a much simpler time.
    Just remember to keep the developing price in mind too. You'd probably be looking at $10-20 per camera. Good luck on your search!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They could still do that with their own phones. Just a thought if it gets too expensive
  • Terrin
    Terrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good point!

Im hoping to do like a scavenger hunt checklist for guests so they take plenty of fun photos too! ☺️
  • Terrin
    Terrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love my Polaroid but I would like about 30 cameras lol so it wouldn’t be feasible to have that many!!
    My aunt/uncle did it in the 90s at their wedding and I’ve always wanted to do it!! I have so many cute photos of me that people took from that day, I was the flower girl! ☺️
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could maybe check Amazon?

However.....keep in mind development fees too. Unfortunately, film is NOT cheap to develop, and more often than not, the photos don't turn out well. (as someone who was obsessed with film photography for a minute but wasted so much money on film that didn't turn out well, on top of the arm and leg to develop)

I really like the polaroid option for wanting physical prints from guests, might be a more cost effective solution for you. Smiley smile

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Instead of the disposable cameras we are just going to ask guests to share pictures to our hash tag. I loved the thought of the camera but in the end I didn't think it was worth it for us. I figure all guests will have a camera on their phone and this way I'll only get the pictures they like. I would be so disappointed if I got a bunch of blurry pictures after I got them developed.
  • Terrin
    Terrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was hoping to get them for cheaper then London drugs or Walmart, they are about 23-27$ each there!
    The states has so many sites where they are like $10-15 but shipping is insane 😢
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check and see if London Drugs has them

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Walmart should have them. You can also get them via wedding swag shops like Weddingstar or Wedding Shoppe, which comes with free shipping after a certain amount (and it isn't much - 5 cameras will make you eligible for free shipping).

They're roughly the same price but the swag shop ones are packaged more for a wedding decor vibe and come with 16 shots while the Walmart ones are the typical film company branded ones (Fuji or Kodak) and have more shots in them (usually 20+).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics