Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2019 British Columbia

Where do you get ready for wedding?

Miao Miao, on January 29, 2019 at 01:45 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
Hi ladies, where do you get ready for your big day ? My wedding ceremony will be in vansuden gardenSmiley ring , and unfortunately there is no place to get ready in the garden.Smiley cry I need a place for make up and dressing up the gown. I was thinking to rent an airbnb but the earliest check in time is 2 pm .. so this might not work. I will not able to travel too far from Vansuden garden as I will be having my night time venue at a near by restaurant. Also, my home is located in Surrey. I won't be able to travel back there.

I was thinking if there is no place to get ready then I'll just have to do all the make up and dressing up at my house in the morning. But I will still need a place to retouch make up after the ceremony ended in the garden since I will have my wedding photography there and then I'll have to switch to my third outfit/make up for the night time venue.

Any ideas? Please help !! Thank you !!!Smiley love

10 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on May 2, 2019 at 03:58
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Miao Miao!

I was recently a bridesmaid for a wedding that was held at VanDusen! They have a room there that's available to be used to get ready and change. Have you talked to your on-site coordinator? It's a decent size where you can have all your clothes and bags locked up while you are having the ceremony.

Otherwise, other options would be to rent a suite at a hotel the night before and you and your bridesmaids can stay the night and get ready there. That way your photographer can drop by and take some getting ready photos. The other option would be to get an airbnb the night before close by. Though if you are going to have a bunch of people going to the airbnb, you will need to read the guidelines to ensure you can bring people into the room.

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Airbnb= before you book contact the owner ad explain your situation. They may be willing to accommodate an earlier check in or worst case book from the night befor. That way you can go whatever time you need. Also are there any near by hotels. You can book night before and ask for late checkout. Also an option for the Airbnb too
  • M
    Beginner August 2019 British Columbia
    Miao Miao ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately they don't really know.I was told the bride usually get ready at home. But yea , you gave me a good idea ...last resolution is to bring a mirror and a tent ...I'm still looking for places to rent. Hopefully I can find one ! Thanks!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you staying at a hotel that night at all (wedding night)

I booked out hotel room the night before as well so I will get ready there in the morning and then we stay there again that night!

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting an AirBnB in the area for a night to get ready! My apartment isn't big enough for everyone and you can get some gorgeous AirBnB houses to prepare in! And the photographer can get some nice shots in a beautiful house too.

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ran into a similiar problem. I was planning on getting ready in the bridal suite of a nearby hotel but told we may not get into it until after 12. So we booked it for the night before the wedding day as well so we have access to it and the guys might stay in it the night before. If this is a possibility for you and the bnb I'd highly recommend it!
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking about getting us ladies an air bnb as the guys are getting ready at my inlaws and my place is just too small. There's some cute bnb's near my venue which will do nice for a backdrop for photos.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you reached out to ask what other brides have done when getting married there? Maybe the Gardens know of somewhere close?

If you can't find anywhere then I would use a pop-up tent for changing and just bring a mirror for the makeup touch-ups. Not the most glamorous but it would work nonetheless!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're renting two separate Airbnbs for the whole party and our immediate family. They are very close to my venue (10 minutes away).

Where are you staying after the wedding? Does one if your girls live closer to the gardens? There must be something nearby!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m in a similar predicament as my venue does not include a space for getting ready.

I will likely get ready wherever we’re staying, or with a family member or friend staying nearby.

Maybe you could rent a nearby hotel room for a night and get ready there?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics