Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Where are people going for their honeymoon?

Michelle, on July 5, 2018 at 15:08 Posted in Honeymoon 0 31

I was thinking about going on a trip somewhere but have no real idea on where to go. Is anyone going somewhere exotic? Rustic? High maintenance?

31 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on July 28, 2018 at 05:37
  • Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going backpacking through South East Asia. I think we will spend a few nights in a hotel but then the rest we will be hosteling, and just adventuring around

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a nontraditional honeymoon as we are going before the wedding. My fiance is currently deployed though and I will have an opportunity to go visit him in Europe before the wedding. We have not decided exactly where we will go but we are very excited.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We stayed in Ubud for one week and Legian for another. If you are in Ubud you should check out Monkey Forest for sure! You should also stop by the Tegellang Rice Paddies, Teganungun waterfall and the Holy Water Temple. In Legian we pretty much took it easy and vegged lol

• Jennifer
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are seriously considering Bali for our honeymoon too! Never been, but I have two coworkers that are from Indonesia who have offered ideas on what to do. Where did you stay? Anything that you can recommend?

Thanks!

• Michelle
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds amazing! I have family from there too. My grandma is straight from Aberdeen.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Italy for 2 weeks! Staring in Rome and experiencing the culture and history then going to the Amalfi Coast to enjoy some beach and relaxation time.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted something inexpensive since we’re paying for a lot of the wedding and the honeymoon ourselves. Plus we just wanted to RELAX haha so we’re doing a week all inclusive in Cancun.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! I'm very excited. I've also cruised with RC about the same... this will be my 5th ship (not including repeats). They reno'd the ship in 2017... so I'm extra excited for it to be all fresh and refurbished!!!

I'm so jealous... I always wanted to work on a cruise ship... but I can't really go away that long for work now without my FH. (We got together when I was 20, so I never really had the chance)... I guess I'll have to stick to just vacations Smiley xd

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

VERY nice ship!
    I worked for royal Caribbean for 2 years. and have cruised 5 or 6 times as a guest.
    I do love southern Caribbean.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are going on Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas. I have been to Aruba... but I've been on about 14 cruises, and traveled extensively, so we wanted to go somewhere I haven't been so it's new for both me and my FH.
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to LAS VEGAS!!! We’re soooo excited!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such AWESOME islands!!! The only I haven't been to is Bonaire. I love love aruba and curacao.
    what cruise line and ship are you going on?

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Let me know if you need cruise tips. I worked on them for 2 years. and have been on...5 or 6 cruises as a passenger.

• Amber
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re heading to Scotland and taking a couple weeks to travel around the highlands. My family is all from Scotland and I’ve never been so we’re very excited. We’ll be travelling by rail, taking the famous “Harry Potter train”, hiking Ben Nevis, staying in castles and other unique accommodation, and drinking plenty of scotch!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cruuuuuise!!!

I vouch for a cruise every time. We are flying to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and taking an 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise. We unpack once, and live on an all-inclusive (we are getting the extra drink package), 5-star floating resort... all while travelling to 5 gorgeous islands: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St Lucia and Antigua.

We are super excited. It's a great way to travel, without the hassle of travel... haha. Plus super relaxing and no stress about paying for food/drinks, or planning activities (you can pre-book shore excursions, and they have daily itineraries for all the on-board activities you can participate in).

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going on a Caribbean Cruise pretty much right after the wedding. We went on our first cruise last fall where we got engaged

• Susy
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Susy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All inclusive Sandals La Source Grenada Smiley heart Can't wait!

• Emma
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married next fall and we in all likelihood are going to Bahamas at an all inclusive kid free resort!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Bali for our honeymoon and it was great! We really enjoyed our time there!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right? That's why we are still undecided hahaha
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh gosh, how will you decide?! Those are all fantastic locations!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to Bora Bora- in 10 days!!! It's been on my bucket list for years and I could never justify the cost as a typical trip, so my husband decided our honeymoon would be the once in a lifetime opportunity to go. I'm so excited!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm hoping for Germany, Switzerland, and France or Ireland and Scotland Smiley smile
  • Natalie
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looking into Bali!
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We won’t be going right away for our honeymoon, might wait until a year after. I’ve always wanted to go to Rome, not sure why just always have. I also have lots of family in Holland that we could travel around and save money staying with them. I really want to see the world so we are going to look at doing one trip abroad every other year and look at doing a small road trip each year.
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be going to Thailand. We were there a few years ago and have always wanted to go back. We like the idea of going on a real adventure.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were thinking Hawaii!! I want all inclusive with options to explore more (and eat every seafood) getting married next may but will likely go more towards the fall!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to a cabin with our kids (dogs) for 4 daysin Septwmber. Anniversary lunch with the family on the weekend in August.
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married in the summer, so we’re waiting till the next year in March to go on vacation, we’re just going to Cuba, one of our favourite spots, and doing an all inclusive in a child free resort
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed with the latter! My fiancé and I are leaning toward an all-inclusive as I imagine we'll just want a break and to spend time together; however, we will consider Europe if our dollar picks up.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Leaning towards a cruise so that we can see more than one place - but an all inclusive is something that we both really want. We've been to Paris, Prague, and Amsterdam and what we got out of that trip was that one of the big things is to pick somewhere that our dollar is doing better than theirs!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics