Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

When you have 2 years to plan and everything falls to crap πŸ˜•

Sarah, on March 31, 2018 at 16:48 Posted in British Columbia 0 4
Please tell me I’m not alone here πŸ˜• I have over 2 years to plan my dream wedding on a limited budget and I thought I was doing great!The other night reality hit me and I saw my vision go completely out the window.I no longer want shabby chic crystal bud vases filled with flowers or pink and white paper lanterns hanging from our second choice venue ceilings 😒 I feel like I have no clue what I’m doing and have a ton of stuff to back that up.Have any other brides to be suffered a breakdown over planning this far in advance?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on April 2, 2018 at 18:08
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guuuuuurl, I hear ya. I was with my FH for 5 years before we got engaged, and I was a wedding planning nut for all 5 of them. I have been through every style/design/colour scheme/destination vs local/summer vs winter/big vs small/......

I have been engaged just over 3 months, and we are getting married next January. I am STILL not buying/selecting/writing in stone, anything that I will have time to do in the 6 months leading up to the wedding. You have SO much time, the best idea would be to save all your ideas/plans/thoughts, and sort them. Then go back and see if you still like them. Talk to ONE OR TWO key people (don't open yourself up to a wall of opinions), and ask their thoughts/opinions on things. They may ask you questions or make comments you never thought of, and you'll find it will help guide you. If you have an idea, and someone puts it down, you will either fight for it, or give it up. If you give it up quickly, you probably weren't that set on it. If you save ideas over the course of several months, you will see a reoccurring theme/component in what you are saving, and then let that lead you from there.

• Sarah
    Sarah Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that makes more sense because my mind is going all over the place with decor lol
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah! Planning can be tough because it's such a long process and leaves you so much time to change your mind!!

I'd put off the style & decor decisions for awhile and just save ideas you like to a pinterest board that you can pull back up when you get closer to your wedding date. This far out you should focus on booking your vendors and balancing your guest list and budget! Check out the checklist in your account to help keep you focused and on track!

• Sarah
    Sarah Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was the original style and now I’m leaning towards cylinder vases and candles everywhere with minimal flowers.

When you have 2 years to plan and everything falls to crap πŸ˜• 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics