Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cynthia
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

When would be my deadline to send invites!?

Cynthia, on June 8, 2018 at 10:43 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 12

Hey!

So, long story short we are still not sure about our ceremony space and our wedding is August 25th. We have the invite template already done we just need to add that final touch and of course where we will be getting married. Is beginning of July too late? A lot of our guests already know the date, especially those who will be at our dinner we just need to confirm with them obviously. Am I really pushing it for July?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 9, 2018 at 10:08
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As many said about save the dates being sent out, you should be ok if you follow up with an email to get confirmations based on number of guests.

If you haven't sent anything out, the thought about finalizing the venue location and timing should be considered to let your guests to make reservstions. Invites should be sent out soon and have the RSVP for mid July to account the final head count.

This will be our 1st anniversary as you two will be getting married.
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It should be ok
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay that's great then Smiley smile You should be completely fine then with the save the dates. Great idea for the follow up cards. Good luck with the new venue, hopefully everything works out.

Congrats to you too! Nice to see another Ottawa bride on here (and so close to the same date)!

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We plan on calling everyone within a week of sending invites to make sure they got it and confirm their presence. We sent save the dates in January so hopefully everyone knows that it's still a go. I know it's really late but our ceremony space ran into some issues so we were forced to find an alternative and wait on the actual confirmation that it's locked in! :-( Everyone but a few family members are in town so I am hoping and praying things will be alright! Thank you for the feedback!! And congrats!! Smiley heart

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Then I think your ok. If most of your guest have already let you know they are coming. If you also have an official RSVP they need to fill out (card or online) I would just remind them that you will still need those done. Just let them know with all the wedding craziness it really helps you out to have those as it keeps things more organized for you.
  • Sydney
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends. We’re getting married the same date (August 25) and we sent out our invitations in April - but that was also because we didn’t do save the dates. If you’re sending them out in July, I would really suggest doing online RSVPs as that’s been our big issue... a lot of people told us 2-3 weeks ago they sent their RSVPs but we still haven’t seen them yet. At least online you can get it instantly!
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Save the dates were sent back in January and I have the wedding website that I sent to all of them so they are aware that the wedding is still on. I've been putting updates so everyone knows what's going on. Thank you!!

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I did send save the dates back in January and most of my guests are in town, the only ones that are out of country are my family members but they already confirmed their presence. Thank you!!

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you sent save the dates and all of your guests already know the day and city of your wedding I think your fine for sending them by the beginning of July. Just make sure you give them a month or so to respond to your RSVP. Honestly I think 2 months for the official invite should be enough time so long as all guests already know the date and city far enough in advance to make travel arrangements.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would send them out ASAP since it is already June. For those that are local they should receive their invites within 3 business days if you are mailing them out, those out of town might be any where from 7-10 business days depending how for they are going (and given how the Canada Post likes to go on strike, the sooner you send it out the better). Even if you are emailing your invites I would get them out ASAP.

As many people will need to book the time off work, if it is an adult only event parents will need to arrange for babysitters for the day/evening. I'm getting married in Sept and I sent them out mid March, and I have gotten a couple nos due to work or prior arrangements.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you sent out save the dates? If not then I would be a little worried but if most family knows then it shouldn't be a problem. I would say that if you haven't sent out the save the dates then to do so. I believe that there are free templates online that you could quickly make and send online. (also - if you have any guests out of town maybe just reassure them that the wedding is in fact still a go!)

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, it is really late and you may have to make a lot of phone calls for quick RSVPs or have more people that can't make it due to the busy time of year (my wedding is the week before (also in Ottawa Smiley smile ) and we sent out save the dates in March to make sure all of our guests were aware of the wedding). You also risk having people think they aren't invited because they haven't received an invite.

If there's no way to get them out sooner I would suggest sending out a quick save the date ASAP so that everyone knows the date not just a lot of the guests and they will know that an invite is coming. You can do this either via email or by mail and instead of the venue just put the city so they will know whether or not there's travel involved. This also prepares you for the invites by having everyone's addresses ready to go.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics