Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious September 2017 Ontario

When to start your wedding at?

Amanda, on May 12, 2017 at 18:41 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10

What is a good time to have your wedding ceremony? i think 2pm is good, my fiance thinks 4pm is good. I won't have access to the venue until noon. So im trying to figure out the best time to do everything. Plus we have to decorate the venue that day as well and we are getting catering done through the venue. After the ceremony we will be getting our photos professionally done outside. Any advice for me about this?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Daniela, on July 17, 2017 at 19:04
  • Daniela
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have to think of the guests when making that decision...do you want them to be able to go home while you take photos or do you want them to head to the reception.

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am starting ceremony at 1pm , just because on average wedding photos take 2 and a half to three hours. I think 2pm or 4pm is too late if you want to take photos afterwards.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would encourage you to give yourself the extra time and make it 4:00. If you get the venue at noon, count on 2 hours for decorating. Then you still have to get ready and you don't want to be rushed. You want to have time to put your feet up and relax before the ceremony.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi SamtamI am having everything done at the same venue. I was thinking of getting a photobooth to give my guests something fun to do while they wait for us to get our pictures done.Thanks for the advice 🙂

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it depends on the reception. Do you have separate ceremony and reception venues or will they be in the same place? If they're separate locations, you want to give people time to travel to the next location before the cocktail hour starts. If it's the same location, what are your guests going to do to kill time between the ceremony and reception? If you're going to do the ceremony so early, you should give your guests something to do while you take pics. If you do push back the ceremony a bit, just keep in mind what time sunset is to factor in to taking pics.
  • L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Of course! Good luck!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Lyz 😍 Thanks for the help 🙂
  • L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say 3 or 4 pm in your case would be best Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the help. I think that's a good time to start too because you don't want to feel rushed.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a similar situation. We only have access to the venue at noon and we have to set up the decorations but can't do it til then. The ceremony is at 4:30, then pictures then dinner at around 6ish or 6:30 I believe

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics