Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie July 2018 Alberta

When to send out the wedding website or Rsvp's?

Sarah, on November 19, 2017 at 19:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Hello,
Looking for advice. My fiance and I are having a relaxed summer wedding on his parent's acreage just outside of Edmonton in July 2018. We didn't bother sending out Save the Dates, and we are just planning on having a wedding website where our guests can RSVP from the email. We have told most of the close people in our lives when and where the wedding is anyway. But my question is when should I be sending out RSVPs? If we want a lesser amount of people anyway should I just wait an do it a few months before the wedding? (which is typical I think?).....or should I at least send the wedding website email ASAP so the out of towners can plan stuff out? Let me know what you all think!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on December 21, 2017 at 12:56
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's up to yourself, for our out of town guests we will be sending the invites out about a month earlier than the in town guests. As we will mostly giving the invites out by hand instead of mailing them for the in town guests.

I'm going to have my cut off date for replys on my website for about a week or 2 weeks earlier than required by the venue in case I get any last minute changes.

Wedding is Sept 2018 we will have invites out by March 2018 almost 6 months before the wedding day.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sent our the cards very early in dec. 2016 for aug. 2017 wedding with march end date. 2.5months is good if you need more time
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Erin totally a personal choice. I am sending my invites mid Dec. and we have a late April wedding. I am asking for response by at least end of January to allow me time to get my #'s and set up seating etc.
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

4-6 months before it usually the standard.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is to you preference. According to the etiquette things I have seen on Wedding Wire, you only need to send out your invitations 2 months before the wedding. I would suggest giving yourself a little more time. We got married September 30 and we asked for everyone to RSVP by early July so that we had enough time to chase after stragglers and make changes before wedding crunch time. It also gives the caterer more time to figure things out.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent out our invites with save the dates in early July for our wedding on 9/23. We asked people to RSVP by 8/23 to give us enough time to chase after stragglers and get our numbers to our venue and caterer.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent out our save the dates in October because most of our guests are coming in from out of town and have to travel at least 7+ hours to be with us on that day. We put our wedding website on them save the dates. We will be sending out old school paper RSVPs with our invitations because the majority of the guests are older and don't use a computer. We are sending those out after the Christmas rush.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can send it out a few months in advance. If any of those out of towners you really want there, then make sure you get in touch with them asap if they do have to plan in advance to book time off, travel, hotel, etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics