Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitie.bell
Beginner June 2018 Ontario

When to send out invitations...

Caitie.bell, on February 2, 2018 at 14:27 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9

Hi everyone,

I'm just curious: how many months in advance did you send/are planning to send out your wedding invitations? A basic Google search tells me that 2 months is typical and for a destination wedding it should be about 3 months, but that just seems so short to me. My wedding is June 1st, so 4 months, and we want to send out our invitations now. Though it isn't a destination wedding, we will be having a lot of out-of-town guests.

Thoughts on if 4 months is too early?

Thank you!

Caitie

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on February 3, 2018 at 15:55
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I read online about 4 months before but if you have an opinionated family like mine they think I should have already sent them out for our May Wedding. Lol
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be sending out my invites in the next couple weeks most likely. I wanted to get mine out about 3 months in advance.. that way people should have about 1.5 months to RSVP and I'll have a month to chase people up.

• Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not getting married until August and we mailed our invites this week. We didn’t do save the dates and we had a lot of people asking about it because they wanted to book the time off. We figured sending them early wouldn’t hurt!
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I find that people always appreciate the heads up, so send them now if you want! Smiley smile
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sending mine out a good 6 months prior as I did not do save the dates. We verbally told everyone what the date is for those that we are inviting (family & close friends) and those we haven't mentioned word of mouth they have plenty of time to RSVP and to plan time off from work if need be.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you should go ahead. It gives you more time to chase down your guests when they miss the RSVP date. I’m getting married on May 20 and I just sent out my invites yesterday.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do it now! Especially getting married in summer, people start to book up, plan trips, etc... I've read people say about 3 months for in town, 6 months for destination... If you don't want to stress, just do it now... No harm to it at all! And peace of mind for you!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think 4 months ahead is great! Gives people plenty of time to make plans and book accommodations if necessary. I also found that 2 months is a really short time frame. I asked for the RSVPs to be in 2 months before my wedding and then I had plenty of time to chase after people and finish off last little details.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also get married in June and we JUST sent them out a few days ago. We get married on the 9th, but we have a lot of out of town guests coming in so we wanted to give them quite a bit of notice. 4 months is not too early.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics