Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
Frequent user April 2017 Quebec

When to open chocolate packing to stuff favors?

Leah, on March 30, 2017 at 22:25 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

We are doing an Easter Egg hunt and also have little baskets for all the kids. Plus 5 kisses going in an origami star box for each adult. When can I open the bags of chocolate? Someone warned about opening them too soon. They were purchased in February but all kept in original packaging (best before date is in 2018) they were store in a dark cupboard. Wedding is in 16 days. Can I put the baskets together on the weekend or should I wait more?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Zoë, on April 3, 2017 at 10:27
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Leah,

It looks so nice and yummy! Smiley love What did you do at the end? You openend them?Smiley heart

I'm the new community manager for WW and I made 2 discussions today. One is a really tricky game.

Hello I'm Zoe and you?

Do you dare? Yes or no?

I think you will like it.Smiley winking

Let me know xx

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very nice!!!
  • Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The chocoate wrapped in foil in mesh bags we used for kid favor boxes and the Easter eggs for the hunt. Hershey kisses will be opened later when we set the tables the day before the wedding. I have no more time for another origami project so bought the boxes at dollarama

When to open chocolate packing to stuff favors? - 1

When to open chocolate packing to stuff favors? - 2

When to open chocolate packing to stuff favors? - 3

When to open chocolate packing to stuff favors? - 4
  • Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They will stay in the cool dark place. No risk of melting. We'll do them later this afternoon. Time is not on my side it feels.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If they're not refrigerated, you don't have to wait to open them but you might want to wait until closer so it doesn't melt or go stale like Lesley said.

• Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the answers. I'll do them tomorrow with my kids. Things will be getting chaotic with ny trip next weekend. I don't want to come back and still have that to do. Party favours can be done at my school during a lunch time at work
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually disagree and think it's fine to open them. I work in retail and opened up a bag of Hershey's about a month ago now and they're still fine when I dip into them. I also eat expired chocolates a lot of the time haha
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They might get hard or melt or something weird in that time. I put together as much as you can without opening the chocolates and add them the week of.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics