Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Susie
Newbie August 2023 Ontario

When to end the wedding reception?

Susie, on March 17, 2023 at 15:02 Posted in Wedding reception 1 7
Hello!!

We are working on finalizing our timeline. Our ceremony will be at 3:30-4 with supper around 6 (not doing a first look so need more time for photos). Been trying to decide when to have the reception end.
Is 1am too late?
We don’t have a time restriction with the venue since it’s a garden wedding in the country at my parents place.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on March 27, 2023 at 23:19
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you staffing the wedding with caterers, bartenders, and a DJ? If their packages have specific hours, you can go by that as your end time.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have our reception ending at 1am also, if people clear out earlier than that it will give us additional cleanup time

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I had the same timeline as you. We had our ceremony from 330pm-4pm with dinner at 6pm. Our last call for drinks was 1130pm with everyone out of our venue by 12am.

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Based on the last few weddings I’ve attended (one of them also a country wedding, 117 guests) 11pm or 12am makes most sense to me.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel like 5-6 hours is very standard for a reception and because it is not a registered venue and no "end time" will be enforced, if you're looking to put some sort of closing time on it, I think midnight is very reasonable in my opinion.

• Susie
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Susie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There’s no sound restrictions and the neighbours we do have are aware of the wedding. We are having around 130 guests at our wedding.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds beautiful and sounds like because it is out in the country, there is no strict by-law regarding the noise? How many people are you having? I feel like you could get away with having it end before 1 am for sure. Ours began at 5pm and ended at 11pm and it was just fine but we had a smaller guest count... I feel like "standard" is 11pm-1am?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics