Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jael
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

When Should We Have Our Jack and Jill?

Jael, on September 2, 2019 at 11:02 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
My fiancé and I were thinking of having a Jack and Jill a year before our wedding. Is that too soon? If the profit is going towards the wedding anyways shouldn’t we have it beforehand to help pay for things? How soon do people usually have them?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jael, on March 30, 2020 at 09:08
  • Jael
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Jael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! Ours is still coming up! It’s in June! Everyone is still super excited! Nobody has said anything about the date related to the wedding At all! We found that this so far has been less financially stressful and has given us time to recover financially from anything spent for the wedding like our deposits for vendors, and still pay off what we did spend for our jack and Jill! My MOH did hers close to the wedding and she said she regrets it because it was just a lot of stress and a lot of financial burden up front! A Halloween theme is awesome, everyone loves a good costume party, and is always looking for somewhere to party!
  • Riss
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Riss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! I'm curious how your Jack and Jill went? I'm in the exact same boat. I want to have a Halloween Jack and Jill but the wedding will be a year later! Did you feel it was too early , did anyone comment on the wedding being still so far away? Also If you have any tips for the Halloween theme let me know Smiley smile!.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can have it whenever you want! i would do it early so then you can use that money to put down deposits for hall, dress, dj, decor etc.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most people that do a Wedding Shower in Manitoba have it in the spring before their wedding no matter how long from their wedding is - but there is no need to go according to the norm. As long as the money earned is going to the same place it won't be a problem!

Only time that I've heard of having the social so far from the wedding is when the couple splits up in the time in between...

• T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married in sept 2020 and having our jack and Jill on nov 2 2019. First because I loved the idea of a Halloween party jack and Jill and second we need the money! Hah
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been to a couple stag and does that were a year before. I don't think that is uncommon. You'll want enough time between the two for planning anyway I think. Good luck
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s not too soon at all! Many people do it about 7 - 3 months before hand. So going it a year in advance is giving you plenty of time for payments.
    You guys have to do what will work for you time wise so you aren’t stressed with everything happening super quick!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics