Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

When Did You Get Engaged?!

Amanda, on December 30, 2022 at 21:16 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

Congrats to all the newly engaged couples and welcome to all of the new members on weddingwire!!

Did you know that Christmas Day is the most popular day to get engaged? Or that December is the busiest month of the year for proposals?? 💍

When did you get engaged??!!! Did you get engaged in December, or on a holiday? Share your engagement date and show us the ring!!

My now husband purposed to me on December 25th 2017 Smiley heart

When Did You Get Engaged?! 1

When Did You Get Engaged?! 2

15 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on January 4, 2023 at 14:27
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I need a ring sizer, i've lost weight so my ring is loose now, especially with the cold weather, it's even worse lol.

• V
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much ❤️
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations!!! Smiley heart

• V
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    December 17th 2022 🥰💍When Did You Get Engaged?! 3

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh!!! I would have my ring glued to my finger 🤣
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He wanted to spend a lot of money on one, and I told him no because I lose jewelry. I've lost my engagement ring at least 5 times since I got it. lol

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great that the two of you were able to pick out a ring together!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Got engaged November something, in my living room after having a meltdown, he didn't have a ring by then , ended up picking one right after I said yes. lol

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations!!! I love the pictures and the giraffes in the background!
  • Sira
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Sira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When Did You Get Engaged?! 4

When Did You Get Engaged?! 5

When Did You Get Engaged?! 6

When Did You Get Engaged?! 7
    When Did You Get Engaged?! 8

When Did You Get Engaged?! 9
    So ORIGINALLY me n my partner (whom I've known since we were 14 and we are now 32) Had discussed being engaged (even tho we were technically commonlaw) even going as far as discussing a semi surprise hot air balloon proposal.
    During this time we were paying into a custom ring but with covid and some family loss and other difficulties life threw our way we ended up using the money we had saved towards the ring to help get ourselves more stable. This caused some issue between my partner and I for a short time but he made it up to me in November!!
    Although he wasn't able to afford the original ring, he did try and keep to a lot of the similar things he knew I liked and wanted and took me to the zoo one day, set up a whole private giraffe family encounter(because I love giraffes but never been close to one) and had it set up with stars, silver rose petals and mini star lights leading up to the giraffe area where I found not only giraffes... But a huge proposal sign painted(also with stars) and turned around to find him on one knee with my gorgeous Disney ring!He had already been wearing a ring I bought him as a gift like his wedding band, so we spent the rest of the day walking around together taking pictures of animals and our rings!The zoo was almost completely empty so it was the most wonderful experience to walk around the beautiful wildlife reserve with my new fiancé, just the two of us!It wasn't our original plan but it was honestly such a magical and incredible experience. It incorporated so many little things I love and included everything I wanted my proposal to have.Cannot wait to marry him 💜
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations!!
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in December 27 of 2013.
    Super long engagement because two months later we found out we were expecting!
    Then we were saving to have a wedding and we were one of the many families that lost everything in the Fort McMurray wild fires, we ended up living in our friends apartment and then decided we should get stable before a wedding, so we purchased a house. Then it was well let’s pay down the house a bit and get some bikes he got a quad I got a Vespa! Then I got meningitis so I was super sick and had some complications I got better ish and we started wedding planning then there was. A happy accident, our son so wedding planning went on pause again and we pushed it out by a year and now we’re here only 9 months out from wedding day!!!!
  • A
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you very much Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations! Beautiful ring!
  • A
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats Smiley smile We got engaged Sept 2022 over the long weekend. My FH had 30 days to exchange or return the ring and was being shipped from NY.

We had no idea when the ring would be completed (it was custom made) would get here.. and went around the shipping timeline for the engagement! When Did You Get Engaged?! 10

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics