Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

When did it feel real that you were getting married?

Joey, on February 23, 2019 at 14:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 12

Regardless of the countdown left until your wedding day, some days it all feels like a dream, and other times it hits you that it's all real! When did it hit you that you were really getting married? Or has it not yet hit you fully?

When did it feel real that you were getting married? 1

Photo by HD Motion in Toronto

12 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on February 25, 2019 at 10:51
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it hit me when we got to Thanksgiving 2018 because it meant that it was the last Thanksgiving before we would be married Smiley xd Same thing happened at Halloween, English Christmas, Ukrainian Christmas, and Valentine's Day!! Each one is the last not being married!!!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting the invitation proofs. It was really emotional to see our names there, the formal wording, the whole thing. And we're almost at the 100-day mark, which is kind of terrifying/exhilarating/shocking.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ummm, pretty recently actually. Once we got to under 6 months to go (this month), it really hit me that this is happening and it’s coming along FAST.
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it will hit me until the officiant asks me if I take my fiance to be my wedded husband!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It comes and goes, usually when we plan something/spend money on wedding things, it feel more real.

It first felt real when I ordered Save the Dates: it felt like this is actually happening!!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This week when people started texting us about having received their StD and to tell us how excited they were. IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me it was the stereotypical moment of finding my dress. Having that white dress on really made it sink in that this was real and I wasn’t just playing dress up.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married? 😳😉
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we picked up our Wedding Rings, that was a wow moment. Tux fittings and opening RSVPs make it real too! 27 days to go so I think we are in shock too lol. I'd imagine meeting with our Officiant 2morrow for the last time before our rehearsal will make things feel very real. 💏
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It started when we found our venue. It came back when I found my dress.
    it comes in ebbs and flows.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The feeling has hit me so many different times at so many different moments! It comes with everything we book, every decision we make, every talk of our future we have!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think it has hit me yet! We’ve been engaged for a year as of today, and still have 223 days to go.
    Once we go to our venues showcase in June I think it will hit me

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics