Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amyfanggg
Frequent user April 2018 Ontario

When are invites sent?

Amyfanggg, on December 12, 2017 at 00:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11
I'm a keener and I like to be prepared. I have a little over 2 weeks over 4 months to the wedding and I am trying not to freak out about the fact that my FH and future in laws don't have their guest list ready. Trust me, I wanted to send my invites 2 months ago, but I was told that it was too early. I was told to send first round of invites at the end of January (my wedding is end of April). Am I being paranoid??

11 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on December 19, 2017 at 22:46
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    And no I would definitely recommend sending them out soon! I always worry about mail not getting to people on time that's why we are sending ours five months in advance as we are inviting people who are three provinces over.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in July and we are sending them out in February with an RSVP deadline of May 31.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always heard around the 3-4 kontht mark is a good time to send them out. I'm the same way as you, I like to get thing done and prepared so I have nothing to worry about!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've always heard 3 months is a good time. with a need an RSVP deadline of about a month before the wedding. I too recommend to wait after Christmas!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hear everyone's concern and yes in a way it's very early. My husband and i got married in august this year snd i too sent out invitations 9 months prior to the wedding. The only thing i was asked is to get the invitations text to them due to losing it. Please keep that in mind. 3 months is a safe time than being sorry.
  • Alexis
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you sent Save The Dates, you are fine! To inform some of my family, I sent them what I called Non-Formal Save the Dates so they knew about stuff. Really that is all you can do - if the people don't get you your names, then they can take the blame for no invitations!

• Eleni
    Newbie August 2018 British Columbia
    Eleni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in August 2018 and invitations went in the mail yesterday. We have family all over the world, and our wedding is a “mini destination” but I like giving as much notice as possible.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you send STDs? Invitations are traditionally sent 6-8 weeks before the wedding and you'll want to be on the earlier end of that if STDs weren't sent. But get those in-laws on top of their guest list pronto!!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We get married at the beginning of June and will be sending out our invites just after the Christmas rush. We are sending them a little earlier because 75% of our guests have to travel 7+ hours to be at our wedding. Technically to them it's a destination wedding. I'm just like you and love everything being prepared well in advance.... I have my invites ready to go and have for months now lol we just need to print out the envelopes and stuff them! I think 4 months is a good time to send them out. Get on your inlaw's butts for that list!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First round of invites?

I think you need to tell them to get you the lists ASAP as, if there are people from abroad, you will need time to send everything out and still leave enough time for RSVPs...and chasing after people's RSVPs.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you are okay. I wouldnt want to send them out until after christmas because you want people to pay attention to it and its the time of year where everyone is getting christmas cards and it can easily get thrown in with a stack of stuff and forgotten about. I think youll have better rsvp success if you wait till january to send them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics