Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

What's your song?

Samtam, on November 29, 2016 at 01:24 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13

Most couples have "their song" so I want to know what yours is! How did you find it? What part of it represents you two as a couple?

Punchline "Universe" with lyrics

Our song is Universe by Punchline. It's one of my husband's favourite bands. (If you've heard of them, I will be so surprised!) I had never heard of them before but this song came out around when we first started dating and my husband played it for me because the lyrics reminded him of us. The song says

"you are my universe
and i'm just a planet
and i can't stand it
but i am humble to be in your world"

The song was a little too fast to be our first dance at our wedding but we used it as our recessional song to walk out of the ceremony to! My sister's friend actually knew one of the band members and he had them post Universe as the Song of the Day on their Facebook page for our wedding which was really special!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on December 2, 2016 at 09:13
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you.. I love it

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are still deciding as there are so many love songs to choose from.
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw my heart just melted! That's so perfect!

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don't have a song yet, but I'm thinking one that'll stick is Unsteady by X Ambassadors!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our song is " Who I am With You" By Chris Young , this was the first song we ever danced to together and he sang it to me and while we were dancing he said you make me a better man and I love you for that... I will never forget that moment .. and from that day it has always been our song .. he even proposed to me with this song playing in the back ground .. so needless to say it will be our first dance song !

Who I Am With You Lyrics - Chris Young

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw that's so sweet!

• Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our song is "When you say nothing at all" by Allison Kraus. It's the first song we danced to, which happened to be at a friend's wedding.
  • Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahahha yeah, I'm feeling a little opposite of you...

I know that there are all these diff songs I have to pick and choose and I worry that we won't be able to settle on enough songs for all the required sections Smiley xd

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know what I was thinking not keeping it going... hindsight!

I'm SO dying! I know he's working on it but he refuses to even work on it when I'm home. He says he thinks he's got the music, now he's working on the lyrics. But I've seen him fully write a song in a day before, so I'm not too worried haha.

The song he proposed with is just for us too (no one else has even heard more than a snippet)

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooo that is a good one! You definitely need to play it at some point during your wedding!

I didn't realize until we were working with our DJ how many songs we would actually need! We had general songs to use during cocktail hour/dinner and dancing but we needed a song for the guys to walk in to for the ceremony, a song for the bridesmaids, my song, a song for while we signed our marriage license, the recessional song, grand entrance at the reception song, cake cutting song, bouquet toss song... I'm sure you'll fit it in somewhere! Smiley winking

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha that's so funny! You should have kept him going! Smiley winking I bet you're dying to hear the song he's writing for your wedding! When will it be ready?! That's so awesome and that song will be just for you two! Smiley love

• Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I don't share a particular song but Brian McKnight's Back At One has always stuck with me.

Reason for that is one time when we went to karaoke with his family, he had picked that song and he ended up singing it for me so I found that very sweet and whenever I hear that song, it brings back those memories.

That song will definitely be played at our wedding, we just haven't decided on what's going to be played when yet.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so sweet Sam!

We oddly don't really have a song... I didn't want to force anything for the wedding lol. But FH writes his own music and it's very weird but one of the songs he wrote for an ex always speaks to me. When I told him that about the his song he was really uncomfortable because he was afraid to tell me it was about an ex, then I laughed in his face and told him I know he wrote the song like 2 years before we met... and that I'm WELL aware it's not about/for me and that I didn't care. Hilarious watching him squirm though... should have tortured him longer Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics