Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What's your love language?

Lynnie, on October 30, 2017 at 16:22 Posted in WeddingWire 0 14

The Five Love Languages book is a longtime favorite for relationships and pre-marital counseling. Have you read the book or figured out your love language? If so...

What is your love language? What is your fiance(e)'s love language?

What's your love language? 1

Words of Affirmation

Are you building each other up? If your love language is words of affirmation, verbal compliments are very important to you! Words hold real value, and it's important for you to hear verbal reminders of how much your partner loves and values you. While actions speak louder than words, if your partner's primary love language is words of affirmation - make sure you are verbally saying thank you, I love you, and voicing your appreciation.

Quality Time

To be clear - quality time does not include sitting on the couch together watching TV! Smiley tongue This means giving your partner your undivided attention. If your primary love language is quality time it means that you value simply spending time together - going on a walk, participating in an activity or going out to eat together (but not looking at your phone the whole time).

Receiving Gifts

Who doesn't love gifts? If your primary love language is receiving gifts, it means that you place a really high value on tangible reminders of your love. It does not mean that you love expensive or frequent gifts - but that you value physical symbols that say "Look, he was thinking of me" or "She remembered me".

Acts of Service

Do you best express your love by doing little things to help serve your fiance(e)? If your love language is acts of service, then it's all about those little actions that show you care! Emptying the dishwasher, taking the car in, running an errand to make your fiance's day easier, taking over cooking duty for the night - these are all ways that you can treat your partner each day by taking care of them and taking some of the work off their shoulders to show that you are thinking of them. This love language is definitely for those who believe that 'actions speak louder than words'.

Physical Touch

This one is pretty obvious Smiley shame , but it also includes all cuddling, hugs, holding hands, and all those light touches! Physical touch can be a very powerful way to communicate love.

What is your love language?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on November 17, 2021 at 14:19
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our love language is physical touch!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Quality time odms our answer.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say that my love language is Words of Affirmation and Acts of Service. I have recently bought this book but have only read a few chapters so far.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually did this in our pre-marital counselling sessions! It was one of our favourite sections. My love languages are acts of service and quality time. My husbands love languages are words of affirmation and acts of service!

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were just talking about this at work yesterday! Mine is acts of service and quality time. I would say my husband's is physical touch and words of affirmation, but he hasn't officially taken the quiz. I should get him to do it tonight!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine is physical touch, my husband's is acts of service.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Physical touch and acts of service are big for me!!

I also thought it was really interesting how they say you have a love language for how you feel loved / receive love, but also for how to tend to express love - I'm that person who says "I love you" 50+ times a day, so I definitely communicate my love through words of affirmation Smiley shame

My husband's love language is definitely quality time, and a little bit receiving gifts. He doesn't care at all about material gifts, but early in our relationship I made a collage from ticket stubs of events we had attended together, and it's one of his favorite gifts ever. The pressure's on me now to thinking up something incredibly thoughtful Smiley tongue

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I took the quiz and I am apparently a Quality Time person.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I have done the test a couple times throughout our relationship, and it's interesting how things have changed. The first time, we both scored highest in physical touch. The second time, we both scored highest in quality time.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is WORDS OF AFFIRMATION so if anyone wants to show me love just throw me a compliment Hahah. I think my husbands was acts of service!
  • Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out this online test! It breaks them down and asks you questions to determine your category: http://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/couples/
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've heard of this stuff but never looked into it.If I were to decide based on descriptions I think I would be in this order:

Acts of Service, Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, Quality Time and lastly Receiving Gifts.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I LOVE this book!! It is really eye opening gor how to communicate with your partner, but it really does work! I am majoritarily Physical Touch, then Acts of Service, Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, and lastly Gifts.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics