Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Robyn
Super June 2019 Ontario

What's your favourite diy so far?

Robyn, on March 25, 2019 at 15:12

Posted in DIY 45

Hi everyone! I've just passed the 3-month mark so I'm about to get serious with the DIYs. I am planning on doing my own favours (wildflower seed packets) and a "just married" sign for the car, and now I'm curious - what is everyone's favourite DIY they have done so far? I would love to see pics!!
Hi everyone! I've just passed the 3-month mark so I'm about to get serious with the DIYs. I am planning on doing my own favours (wildflower seed packets) and a "just married" sign for the car, and now I'm curious - what is everyone's favourite DIY they have done so far? I would love to see pics!!

45 Comments

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This totally counts - I'm planning on doing our signs as well (including an unplugged ceremony!). Did you end up printing on poster paper or a foam board? That is something I'm undecided on...

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are STUNNING, I mean Smiley love Smiley love Smiley love amazing work, thank you for sharing pics!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so awesome! I've always been so interested in calligraphy, I follow so many hand-lettering accounts on instagram. Good luck!!

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I technically DIYed our 'Unplugged Ceremony' sign through Vistaprint using artwork I bought (and my design experience "IRL"). I love how the sign turned out!

I will also be DIYing is our table numbers, though that will be the (hopefully) simple task of spray-painting them gold.

Also ahhh, you're getting there!

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Making the flowers Smiley smile
    These are rhe bridesmaid bouquets. The rest isn't done yet

What's your favourite diy so far? 1

What's your favourite diy so far? 2
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't started on any DIY's yet but I'm starting to learn calligraphy to hopefully do our own signage and address our stationary. Definitely not a pro yet but there's 1000% improvement from my appalling initial attempts lol!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol totally planned that Smiley winking thanks!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love your approach, and I think it's a great idea to try to make your own wine box. So many wedding-related things are wayyyyy too expensive for what they are, and it sounds like with your craft skills and your FH's help, you will be able to make one that is extra special because you worked on it together Smiley smile

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow, those sound lovely, especially the archway! I hope we get to see pics one day!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love these! They are so pretty, and I love that the colours match your outfit Smiley smile

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay for being under 3 months to go, that is super exciting.

I always love seeing people do DIY, when I first started wedding planning I didn't expect to do any because I am not super artsy. But being on WeddingWire and watching everyone do it has inspired me!

I haven't done it yet, but we are doing a wine box ceremony, and finding one that is already done is 1. super hard and 2. very expensive. I have found a wood box on amazon that I am going to get, stain and then stencil our initials and wedding date on it. Hoping to get FH to add a hinge so it can be locked!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favourite DIY project so far as been our archway for our ceremony. We bought just a plain metal archway and have been decorating it with our fake wisteria and fake ivy vines slowly over time. So far it has turned out really well and looks absolutely fantastic!

We also spray painted all the lanterns we bought for our centerpieces, cut down a tree and made wood slices to put the lanterns on and made our card box as well.

It feels so rewarding to be making things for the wedding! Good luck with all your DIY projects!!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made signs for our engagement photo shoot, my favourite project to date! I'm also planning on doing the stationary and the centrepieces closer to the wedding, but will definitely put pictures up then!What's your favourite diy so far? 3

What's your favourite diy so far? 4

What's your favourite diy so far? 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics